• FM24 Console Memory Warning

Dan Sheppard
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

We have had a handful of reports regarding the error message that is appearing for some players ‘FM24 Console Memory Warning’ – as seen below. 

image.png

Our QA teams are currently investigating the issue and are attempting to reproduce this issue. To help us with this investigation, it will be helpful if you can report in this thread if you have experienced this issue. We have also provided some additional steps below that may help game and play. 

If you want to retain your save, it’s important that you first back this up via USB before doing any of the steps. There is no guarantee that saves will work after completing the steps as the save could be causing the issue.

• Try closing all background applications and only launching FM24 on your console
    • Restart your console and then try launching the game

If the game is unplayable, we recommend that you wipe all FM data from your machine. 

!PLEASE BE AWARE THAT DELETING YOUR DATA WILL BE IRREVERSIBLE AND WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HELP RECOVER THIS!

• Press the 'Guide' button on your controller
    • Select 'My Games & Apps’
    • Hover over the FM Console game tile and press the ‘Menu’ button on your controller
    • Select ‘Manage game & add-ons’
    • Select ‘Saved Data’
    • Select ‘Delete all’ (This won’t delete your saves so you may wish to delete these manually to ensure a fresh install)

Please then try starting the game again and see if you can play without encountering this error.

We appreciate this may not solve the issue for some players and we are continuing to investigate the issue. 

If you find any of the steps above have helped solve this issue for you, please provide this feedback below to help other players. Likewise, if you find any other solution yourself or have some suspicions as to what may be triggering it on your side, please provide this information so our QA team can investigate.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This has happened in two consecutive years on my tottenham save, around the same period, and with the recovery steps used I have lost over a month on both occasions, in the busiest periods, so roughly 13-20 games lost. I will describe how each happened.

Firstly, I will start by saying i have had repeated save issues without the file losses anyway, despite having plenty of space. I currently have 880mb free from the allotted 1gb and it's still saying i dont have enough space. I have found keeping the file size to somewhere near 500mb to help, but it doesnt stop the issue. Advancing will sometimes help it, save as and making a new file will sometimes work, but not all the time, regardless of how much space i have left.

1. The first time my game crashed and i lost data, i was in february, and it couldnt save at all. In trying to use save as, the game deleted the save, and i had two backups as i use 3 week rolling auto saves, but that put me back in november. I cleared the local data, and got the save back to being in early January.

2. The second time this has happened, Saving would freeze the game. It wouldnt even come up with an error message, and nothing was working. I had to close the game and reopen it, where it was stuck on the loading screen. I followed the original solution, but all my save were wiped. I then factory reset my console, and then 2 of my saves were there, one from early december and one from november, when i was in mid January. 

I hope some of this information is helpful, id be interested to know if anyone else has had crashes during the same busy periods too, as that could have something to do with it. This issue needs to be fixed, as this is borderline unplayable territory, where im unsure if im going to lose a save of 4 years. Every time i save the game, there is a chance it will not work, which is quite a critical error in a game.

Further update to my above comment, started a new save as Eastleigh. Working fine in the first year, start of second year it fails to save before a game. After the game finishes, it freezes. After quitting the game it wouldn’t start up until I hard reset my Xbox. Upon start up, it said the cloud data and Xbox data doesn’t match, despite showing the exact same file sizes and times saved, I selected cloud data, but the most recent save file won’t load. Earlier ones will. 

Let me know if there is a better place to post these updates, but there is some more information which might be helpful.

when looking at my save space in my Xbox, there is 50mb reserved space, a 254mb save space for my data, which is the size of all of my saves, and then a 903mb save file which is there, which i don’t recall seeing before. I don’t know what this save file is, and it means it is totalling 1.2gb now, which is over the 1gb allocated space.

On 29/12/2023 at 18:32, Nicholas Willis said:

Let me know if there is a better place to post these updates, but there is some more information which might be helpful.

when looking at my save space in my Xbox, there is 50mb reserved space, a 254mb save space for my data, which is the size of all of my saves, and then a 903mb save file which is there, which i don’t recall seeing before. I don’t know what this save file is, and it means it is totalling 1.2gb now, which is over the 1gb allocated space.

This is the correct place and all the information is valuable! I'll ensure to pass this on to the teams looking at this.

For me I had the save issue the first time after I’d gotten 2 other saves. When I tried to start a 3rd it said I had not enough storage even though I have more than enough available. After that I switched from the rolling saves which had no difference. I then deleted all my previous saves and reinstalled the game, where my first save worked fine, but I tried a second and the save space error came up again. I will try to do what @Dan Sheppardsaid to do to try to fix this and see if it helps, but at the moment it seems like I can’t save more than 1 save file.

Edited by BionicScroll564