• PS5 Stick Drift/UI

MorrisseyMuse

Hi all! I've been having a blast on the Xbox version or FM24 recently and attempted to switch to the PS5 version now that its joined PS Plus, however I've been having a major issue with the UI that I never encountered in either the Xbox version or previous PS5 versions of the game.

Basically, the game sometimes scrolls through the navigation options itself without any input.  I assumed this could be some kind of stick drift, but I've tried 3 separate joypads now and it happens on each one!

The worst issue though is whenever I select certain options, the drop down menu either appears then disappears quickly, or doesn't appear at all, so I can't do things like renew contracts or bid for players!

Is this a known issue? or can someone please offer any advice?

I've included a video from my TV/PS5 of the issues in action. :)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, we had a few similar reports earlier in the cycle but were never able to reproduce anything like this internally.

You say you've already tried different controllers, do you have a Mouse you trying plugging in and see if that works?

Same, its only working on remote play on my Phone but its unplayable on gamepad wtf i tried 2 differents gamepads and keep autoscrolling to bottom 

7 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we had a few similar reports earlier in the cycle but were never able to reproduce anything like this internally.

You say you've already tried different controllers, do you have a Mouse you trying plugging in and see if that works?

Bro its fcking console edition we want to play on gamepad not mouse 

2 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

I'll see if I can dig a USB mouse out and give it a go in a sec thanks.

I've got 3 pads of varying age and they all have the same issue.  I can 'fix' itself temporarily by advancing the game sometimes, but it always starts up again.

The game is honestly unplayable on PS5 because of it.  I've got Switch and Xbox versions too but never had any problems with them. :(

I'm having the same issue with the UI. Anything with a drop down menu just flashes up then disappears instantly after pressing X. The menus work when pressing r3 to go into cursor mode but I don't want to play the game in that mode

We are still looking at these reports and trying to replicate them. The difficulty is that the volume of reports we've seen doesn't suggest it's a game issue or we'd have seen far more and is more likely hardware, but it's also difficult for us to pinpoint the problem without replicating it.

We are continuing to test internally to try and replicate but unfortunately, there is little we can suggest other than what @Zachary Whyte has until we can replicate it.

On 24/06/2024 at 12:43, Dan Sheppard said:

We are still looking at these reports and trying to replicate them. The difficulty is that the volume of reports we've seen doesn't suggest it's a game issue or we'd have seen far more and is more likely hardware, but it's also difficult for us to pinpoint the problem without replicating it.

We are continuing to test internally to try and replicate but unfortunately, there is little we can suggest other than what @Zachary Whyte has until we can replicate it.

Is there a chance that if you manage to fix this problem in version 24, you will also fix it in version 23? Of course, I'm talking about the PS5 version.