• B Team Email Freeze

rack.city
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Resolved Save Game: Atalanta - B Team Issue.fm

Description of issue

Clicking the 'Available first team players for B Team match' email causes the game to freeze almost every time. Sometimes I am able to click something else and wait, eventually it will load the new page, sometimes its frozen for good and I have to end the task in task manager. Weirdly, when I end task I see that FM24 updates and shows the 'this game isn't saved are you sure you want to close' modal or whatever it says quickly before the application closes.

I saved the game just before a couple of emails arrive that includes the B Team email in question. If you click 'next unread' to load the B Team email it is usually fine, if you click the email directly it is likely to freeze. Similarly if the email is marked as read and you click into it its ok, but clicking off of it can cause a freeze.

I'm managing Atalanta in Serie A, year 2035. Maybe notable that in the schedule the matches in question are U23 whereas they are sometimes referred to as B Team?

Save file attached.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have the same issue with U23 and U19 teams. Normally i just hit the space bar and the game continues. I havent had the game being frozen for too long.

Same here. Highly reproducible, regularly happening bug that causes timed or permanent game freeze every one or two in-game weeks. Sounds quite important to me.

On 30/12/2023 at 16:40, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for flagging this to us, we have placed under review.

Did you ever find out why this keeps happening? 

Happens to me in any league, any team, with any reserves\u23\u19 team e-mail. It will freeze if I click the news, it will freeze if I spacebar it. Not every time, but like the OP said, HIGHLY reproduceable.

It's a constant threat for me, as there's always a chance of the game not only freezing on reserves and 19 e-mails (especially if I try to interact\set players available through e-mail/inbox), but completely crashing as well. Sucks because I spend hundreds to thousands of hours in every iteration, and my online games are suffering big cause of this. We literally have to save every other day in game in order to not lose too much when the probable crash happens during our almost daily sessions.
    I'm usually able to just wait a while, then click space to continue, so the freeze might "just" last from a couple seconds up to minutes. Every now and then a full crash.

If it helps I have an i9-13900K and I think there's an issue between intel(and or core\thread amount) and some mechanic involving the B\u19 squad picks.

Edited by kevinmihawk