• Location of buttons at the bottom of the "scouting update" reports are inconsistent

semiki
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This is not exactly a bug, perhaps (especially since it's been around since the last UI overhaul a few years ago), but I think it is a significant design flaw that would be a big QoL improvement if fixed. As we know, the scouting update screen consists of "player cards" that you can interact with using the buttons at the bottom: Fully Scout Player, Discuss with agent, Make offer, Discard (cross sign) and Acknowledge (checkmark) etc.

What is really annoying for me is that it is impossible to actually go through the cards quickly by quickly Scout/Discard/Acknowledging sequential report cards because they keep moving around depending on the text in the buttons: E.g. the Scouting button may have the text "Fully Scout Player" or "In Progress", which leads to different button lengths; similarly with the Agent button ("Discuss with Agent"/"Approach Agent"). This ends up moving the much smaller Discard/Acknowledge buttons constantly play around significantly, depending on the combination of texts we get in the buttons.

This leads to cases where keeping the cursor at the same place and trying to acknowledge two report cards one after the other may leads to acknowledgeing one report and accidentally discarding the other! Additionally, it requires me to constantly keep an eye on the cursor and adjusting it for every other report card, which is cumbersome. It's not a make-or-break problem, but it is a mild annoyance that is always there since I constantly handle these reports.

What I would suggest is at least fixing the position of the small line component between the "Make offer" and "Discard" buttons (see screenshot), so that the Discard/Acknowledge buttons are always in the same place. Ideally, all of these buttons need to have a) either their sizes fixed across cards, and only the text changes, or b) have their centers fixed so that only they shrink/expand from the center.

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 3.43.56 PM.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments