• Unable to select a club from other other playable nations when starting a game (with 'Pick a team later' option)

Heilan Coo
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

If I do the following:

• Start a new game
    • Select Career mode
    • Select 'Pick a team later'
    • Select 'Real World'
    • Select 'Advanced Setup'
    • Accept default nations (in my case) of Scotland, England, Italy and Spain - all PLAYABLE
    • Advanced options - only 'Do not add key staff' checked
    • Note - 'Game Start Date' is set to 'Scotland Early 2023/2024 Pre-Season (3/7/2023)'
    • Select 'Start Game'
    • Use Manager Profile

When it comes to selecting a team to manage, I'm only able to select teams from Scotland and I'm not able to select anything from other nations, despite them being playable (see screenshot below). Why?

• Software version: As per launch day
    • Platform: Mac/Steam

I have tried deleting a re-installing the game, deleting and recreating my profile to no avail.

image.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The problem is present when the user selects either of the following game modes

• Real World
    • Your World

but seems ok if you select:

• Original
    Edited by Heilan Coo

• SI Staff

Hello, this is not a bug, but working as intended. The user can only select teams from the Game Start Date nation. To avoid scenarios where the start date may precede the database date (particularly important in Real World mode)

So if the Game Start Date here is 'Scotland - Early Pre Season', the user will not be able to select teams from the other nation.

We will make this visually clearer to the user when setting up a new game in a future update.