• Sell on clause not received - might be translation

TitoLivio
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Open

Description of issue

Hello,

I think I identified a bug, but I am not sure if it is translation or gameplay, so let me explain and give some evidence of what happened. First of all, I play in Italian.

I play as Sochaux and sell a player to FC Porto for 54M. I add a sell on clause (but, and this is important, I don't remember if it was a simple sell-on or a profit sell-on).

I rely on the clauses tab, which says this:

image.png.399d6b6cd09d8d25166d77e1f554e0d1.png

This translates to "40% of his next transfer goes to Sochaux", my current team.

Another player, as an example, has this, which is the same:

image.png.6edaa73afb102609415309a6689f6469.png

Then the player gets sold for 52 + bonuses. As The italian message says, I expect 40% of the 52M, bonus coming in later if they materialize.

image.png.a09d5670ad89f7e4f0803a7b21a2a8a9.png

But I get nothing, neither in the transfer budget nor in the finance tab. I then load an old autosave from 15 in-game days before and check the English version of the clause for mr. Avramovic:

image.png.8df857cdc52e7592afc413a85d467fda.png 

It says ON THE PROFIT, which is different from the Italian message!

For reference, the other player, mr. Bellocq, has a consistent message, 50% of the whole sell price, not on the profit.

image.png.633999bfeb24c93fe0f93754fa540687.png  

My main problem while describing this issue is that I cannot remember for the love of me if I negotiated a 40% profit or a 40% clean sell-on clause for mr. Avramovic. So I do not know if this is a simple translation bug in one tab, in the whole game or if this is a transfer-engine related bug.

Feel free to move this anywhere in the forum you feel it is more likely it will be addressed, but I assure it was a bit annoying expecting +20M and getting nothing. I expect SI to send me a check for that amount. (:D)

Jokes apart, I think that a good indication of what is actually a profit-based sell on clause is the indication of the purchase price in the message. I'll keep an eye on future possible sales and update this thread with more evidence if I negotiate another clause in Italian that is recorded differently or shown wrongly in the UI.

Let me know if it is not clear.

image.png

image.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments