• Players in senior squad cant play in youth team games even if made available

rusu83
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: antrenoru' Rusu - test.fm

Description of issue

hi.

i'm having an issue with players in my senior squad who are not able to play for the U19 team when using "Available For U19".

I set players available for the next U19, i select the position in which they will play but when the match is played they are not among the selected roster field or bench.

this happens when the senior team and U19 team both have matches in the same day, again i make sure that players set as available for U19 are not selected to be in senior squad match (field or bench). i fired the U19 head coach and took control of the U19 team to manually assign players to play for the U19 team but i wasn't able to because  they couldn't be selected due to them being involved in other matches, again i want to underline that i'm making sure that the players i want to play for the U19 are not selected in any role in the senior team.

i could just manually send them to the U19 team before the matches i want them to play in  and send them back to the senior team after, but this messes up my mentoring teams 

i play in a league where there is a rule that in the senior team there must always be an under 22 player in the match and i have bunch of young players in the senior team, that i'm also mentoring, which i want to make available from time to time to the U19 team when they don't play for the senior's .

i suspect this happens because i select the "Use Wednesday and Saturday matchdays" option, and both senior and U19 teams have matches scheduled in the same days and at the same time.  

i hope i made sense, i'm sure it's obvious English is not my first language, and that you have a fix for this.

thank you

Steps to reproduce

i start a new game i select Use "Use Wednesday and Saturday matchdays" i cant make senior team players able to play in U19 fixtures. Hope i understood this correctly

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Hello @rusu83

If there is a first team match and U19 match both on the same day, then selecting 'Available For U19' will not work as the game will prioritize being available for the first team selection over youth team selection.

Moving the player down to the U19 team the day before will work instead.

So if your U19 match was on a different day, then selecting 'Available For U19' would work.

Hello @Zachary Whyte

i understand that you can move players between the first and U19 to make them able to play in U19 matches, but my issue is that by moving them they are taken out of the mentoring teams and i'm not sure what effect that has on their mentoring ....

i made this post hoping that maybe there was something i was missing or that I wasn't doing properly.

I'm aware that for this version of FM there is not much to be done but i'm hoping that for the next one there will be possible to make available for youth teams players from the first team even though the matches are scheduled in the same day or maybe the mentoring system is reworked...

one possible simple solution would be to that when you make a player available for the youth team you cannot select him for the first team's matches until you deselect him.

it's not a big issue but for the sake of realism and from the programming standpoint, i think it's doable to make players that are not selected in the first team, starting team and subs, to be available for the youth teams even if their matches are scheduled in the same day.
    Thank you!
    Edited by rusu83