• Backroom Staff Changes, Unable to Confirm

iRyanBuk
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Save Game: Unemployed.fm

Description of issue

Hi there,

So I started an unemployed start save and have been offered the Bradford City Managers Position.

However I am unable to processed in the save as I am unable to confirm backroom staff changes.

Please see attached image, this shows I am within the compensation limit and the option to confirm is greyed out/not selectable. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just a small update; Reloaded and I can back out from the changes page and decline to make changes which allows save to continue, but if I was wanting to make the changes I had in mind it would not allow again.  I have uploaded save file to the site I was directed to via the link.

• Administrators

Hello @iRyanBuk and @Wu3stenfuchs

Issue here is that Mark Trueman is a coach/loan manager, and Bradford City aren't allowed a Loan Manager which is what is blocking the 'confirm' button.

If you untick him, you can then confirm or make further changes and proceed. 

Hi Zachery,

Thanks for the info, I shall load this up and just test on my side too for a working resolution.

Just for background context.

These where the roles for all staff at the club unedited before I went into make staff changes. 

If this is the only fix for making staff changes before arrival as an incoming manager, is to fully mutually terminate his contract before arrival (and that Bradford have no allocation for a loan manager backroom staff member), then I presume he should only be a coach for the club and not on a duel staffing role?  Alternatively the option to relieve him of this secondary role and keep him as a coach for you at the club should be available as well?

Just a very odd issue/reason for not allow pre-arrival staff changes especially when before taking a job role you are not able to see what staff allocation they have in terms of background roles other than what comes up when looking to make your backroom changes.

Thanks Zachery.

I'm experiencing the same issue while trying to move from one club to another. As best as I can tell, it is because some of my existing staff are classified as "Unknown" (see screenshot) rather than grouped into the area they're working in. If I try to add Tommie Hoban into moving with me at all, the confirm button is immediately greyed out. There is space for him in the existing U18 set up at Bristol, and it makes no difference if I choose to remove any of the existing staff.

I've created a save file at this moment if that would be helpful

FM Bug report.png

Oh, as an addition to this that I just spotted, if I try to move Spencer Prior with me, it's offering him the first team assistant manager role, rather than the U18 one that he is currently employed in.