• Clubs won't hire me

The2ndAvenger
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Asher Burns - Unemployed.fm

Description of issue

Doing a journeyman save. I have no qualifications or playing experience. I have every nation and every league playable. I did get the Qatari national team job immediately but I really want a club job. Been well over 12 in-game months and no clubs have offered me a job or even an interview. Often I'll get a "the board would like to put on the record that they think you'd be an acceptable fit for the club's new vision" but that's it. A few times I’ve been the betting favorite for a job but no dice.

What's put me over the edge is that I've been waiting over two months to hear back about my application from a crummy Northern Irish team for which I am the betting favorite. I feel like the AI is just refusing to give me the job despite the fact that it can find no one else to fill it.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Hi, I loaded up your save, applied for a random open position, and was offered the job.

With no qualifications or playing experience it will be hard to get any good jobs.

You could continue with the Qatari national team, win games and improve your rep or have to settle for a lower division team in a smaller country. 

Screenshot 2024-07-24 161117.png

3 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, I loaded up your save, applied for a random open position, and was offered the job.

I just now applied for the same job and was instantly rejected. But, I guess I now know that it’s just bad luck rather than a bug.