• Very Unrealistic Managerial Appointments

gadzhalov_77
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I understand in football managerial appointments can be very weird at times in real life but I've noticed that managerial appointments in this edition are particularly weird. I've noticed that in particular, Scotland is very bad for it.

In my current game in November, top tier St Johnstone are set to appoint Jim McIntyre as manager. In real life, he was most recently sacked from Cove Rangers who at the time were a part-time side in the second tier. His reputation in the game isn't anything special and he has no special relationship to the club.

Dundee, playing in the same division, have appointed Brian Rice. Rice is the manager of Alloa in League 1. Alloa are massively underperforming and in the relegation spots in League One in game. Rice has only had one other managerial stint (relegation with Hamilton in the top flight).

These aren't isolated examples, there are regularly really bizarre merry-go-rounds where managers sacked at second or even third tier clubs will then be rewarded with big top flight positions. In real life, there would be regular daytime fan protests and unrest if these types of moves happened!

It feels very much like managerial recruitment in the game is almost solely tracked to reputation rather than success or actual coaching promise. I also don't know if there are maybe some additional database issues where coaches who have had bigger jobs in previous editions of the game have their coaching stats still inflated and if they haven't been manually adjusted.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments