• Cannot add players to current Brasileirao roster

rickxy007
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Ricardo Martins 3.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

I hired a few key players to my team, and when I am given the opportunity to register them on time for the next Brasileirao match, the 8-player limit is already used, even when no changes were made. I cannot add Neymar to my roster, since the system considers that I have already changed all 8-players allowed, and if I go on holiday for a day -- right before the deadline -- the system does enroll a lot of useless players from my S-20 team, and removes several other key players.

So I either play without 6 of my new players, which immediately complain for being "left out" and want to be transferred, or I leave the choice to the computer, who removes another 8 or 9 key players automatically.

Please advise.

Rick

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, we could not reproduce this on our end as any internal squad registration changes do not count towards the 8 allowed changes, only new signings do and this is working as intended.

Would need a save game file from before the start of the current transfer window/registration period to investigate further.

We should note that you have made numerous database changes, so this could have caused this issue.

18 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we could not reproduce this on our end as any internal squad registration changes do not count towards the 8 allowed changes, only new signings do and this is working as intended.

Would need a save game file from before the start of the current transfer window/registration period to investigate further.

We should note that you have made numerous database changes, so this could have caused this issue.

Dear Zachary,

I appreciate you taking the time to check the bug, but I disagree from your analysis.

1 - Brasileirao does not have this 8-player limit on adding players, and you can check the rules here: https://www.cbf.com.br/a-cbf/regulamento/de-registro-e-transferencia/regulamentos-de-registro-e-transferencia-e-de-intermediarios-1?csrt=7689938824101395038 

2 - The changes I made to the database were due to the inaccuracy of the team's colors, and added pictures as well. No players, teams or championships were added, nor any gameplay changes were made, so it seems unlikely that this could alter the rules in adding players to a competition.

3 - If the limit had been implemented properly (even if inaccurate as I mentioned), why would players and agents complain immediately after that? I would assume that, by being a rule implemented in the game, the players would automatically "understand" the rule, and not complain about being left out. I imagine that no player would complain about being substituted in a match once he is injured. He is injured, and he "knows" that.

I would ask you to double check why that rule is in place in the first place, since it does not exist in real life - is it to "copy" some other championship rules? if so, could a patch be released to fix that?

Second, if there is no possibility for the change to happen, how to address player dissatisfaction, media criticism, agents complaining, if I have no control on what to do?

Third, I would ask the developers to be slightly more considerate to Brazilian rules, regulations, championships, calendars, etc. I have been playing FM since the 2000s, and after a few years in a gap, I come back to the worst implemented game in the series, at least to a Brazilian player. This is embarrassing. And disrespectful. I am positive they would not even release the game if there were similar mistakes in the Premier League, or the Champions League.

I appreciate your consideration once again, and emphasize that I am not blaming you, but I am hoping that you can send this message to people who could make the necessary changes, and address the horrendous issues afflicting Brazilian players (I saw the many complaints), and the Brazilian football/competition/teams in general,

Regards,

Rick

Just to add some more info: one picture shows full squad registered, plus all possible changes = 18 players changed

2nd picture, undo changes = 8 players changed

3rd picture, clean roster = 8 player changed

Funny detail: even if I choose each player individually after cleaning roster, it shows 8 changes made, regardless of who I add or remove. And if I go on vacation, the  adjunct coach makes changes. So changing the roster IS possible.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-02-09 220646.png

Screenshot 2024-02-09 220705.png

Screenshot 2024-02-09 220718.png

Edited by rickxy007

• SI Staff

Hello, you linked the wrong document (that one is to do with individual player registration) and the one you are looking for can be found here at the bottom titled "Regulamento Específico da Competição - Série A do Campeonato Brasileiro 2023":

https://www.cbf.com.br/futebol-brasileiro/noticias/campeonato-brasileiro-serie-a/conselho-tecnico-aprova-novidades-no-brasileirao-2023.

The rules state:

"Chapter 3, Art.9, point 1 - "Clubs will be able to register a maximum number of 50 (fifty) athletes until 08/25/2023, and may replace a maximum of 8 (eight) athletes until 09/15/2023, among those previously registered."

Players complaining about not being registered is a normal gameplay response. If you can only make 8 squad selection changes then you should not be signing more than 8 players that you intend to register and it would be a fair reaction for players that would expect to be registered to complain about not being registered. It works the same way when players are left off of continental registration lists.

For this example, we need to investigate how you already managed to max out the 8 squad selection changes and this is why we need a save game file from before the start of the registration period in order to investigate further.

Dear Zach,

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to double check the regulation and my situation. Although the link you posted is not working, if you took the time to double check, I'll take your word for it. CBF, as well as FIFA, are not well-known for their transparency, organization and honesty.

In any case, I have signed many more players, so it is quite likely that I had made previous changes. I cannot even be sure.

Either way, I thank you again, and will only request once again that SI and SEGA take a look at the specific issues on matchmaking in the game, as the calendar can become utterly unreal, with 3 matches in 7 days, which is unheard of in Brazil -- at least as far as I am aware.

Regards,

Rick