• [FM24] Early Access - Colombia - Liga Dimayor - Overall Table - Points earned in Liga Finalización Final not being added correctly.

Jimbokav1971
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Under Review Save Game: Jimb O'Kav - Envigado F.C. 14th Dec 2027.fm

Description of issue

Hi All. This is quite a complicated league anyway, and it's an even more complicated problem, so if you don't mind I will link you to my thread where there is more information because I'm really struggling to work out what is happening here, (even though I think I know what's going on). 

The Colombian Liga Dimayor is not straightforward. It has 6 different stages and an overall league table which combines all the results of the 6 stages into one. 

1. Liga Apertura is the 1st Phase of the league where each team plays 20 games. 
    2. Liga Apertura Semi Final Group consists of the top 8 teams in the 1st Phase of the league splitting into 2 Groups of 4 and playing each other team in the group twice. 
    3. Liga Apertura Finals is a 2-legged affair between the winners of each group and is decided on pens if the scores are level. 
    4. Liga Finalización is the 2nd Phase of the league where each team plays 20 games. 
    5. Liga Finalización Semi Final Group consists of the top 8 teams in the 2nd Phase of the league splitting into 2 Groups of 4 and playing each other team in the group twice.
    6. Liga Finalización Finals is a 2-legged affair between the winners of each group and is decided on pens if the scores are level.
    7. Overall Table combines all the results from the 6 different Groups and provides an overall winner over the whole season. 
    8. Average points, (over the last 3 seasons), is a table that is used to calculate who is relegated each season. 

The system isn't working as it should, but I'm still not 100% sure why. 

I "think" it relates to the way that the points earned in the 2-legged Finals are calculated, and I "think" that it relates only to the Liga Finalización Finals, but the situation is clouded further by some of the Finals being decided on pens, (where the winner of the 2nd leg loses despite winning the game), and I have a feeling that this might be linked to the problem but to be completely honest my brain is frazzled trying to work it out. 

Would you mind looking at my thread and seeing what you can work out please?

c6205be63e23fc48313a913020626b74.png 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey @Kyle BrownJust to clarify exactly what this problem is....

It relates only to the Finals at the end of the Liga Apertura and Liga Finalización stages. 

The problem is that points earned in the 2nd leg of either Finals, (whether 1 point or 3 points for a win), are not counted unless the team also wins the 2-legged tie itself. 

The game obviously things that because the tie was lost, no points need to be given. It's looking at the result of the tie rather than the result of the individual game. 

There is a further development on this. 

I've just finished the season and although we won the Overall League, we lost the Liga Finalización Final. Because of that, the game thinks that we haven't won the league at all. 

We won the Liga Apertura Final, (despite not winning the league). 

a30ae462f430e393bf6772d2d7c6e19f.png

We lost the Liga Finalización Final, (and that's fine). 

9a2b1abdd965cfd42f25f1c0bfe098c8.png

But we absolutely did win the Liga Dimayor,

4621203184520aa540122219f5450231.png

Because we've lost the Final, the game thinks we haven't won the league. 

e257949fb7a14a5ca9bca2fa69aad072.png

The game is confusing the Phase 2 Champions with the overall Champions. 

If it wants to tell me that I haven't won the Liga Finalización Final then I'm fine with that, (because we lost in the Final), but it's telling me we haven't won the league, (by virtue of using the number of points we won in the league), and we also didn't get any points for the drawn game in the Liga Finalización Final 2nd leg. :(

hace 2 horas, Jimbokav1971 dijo:

I've just finished the season and although we won the Overall League, we lost the Liga Finalización Final. Because of that, the game thinks that we haven't won the league at all. 

If it wants to tell me that I haven't won the Liga Finalización Final then I'm fine with that, (because we lost in the Final), but it's telling me we haven't won the league, (by virtue of using the number of points we won in the league), and we also didn't get any points for the drawn game in the Liga Finalización Final 2nd leg. :(

@Kyle BrownHi My friend. We really need attention on this kind of issues. It's a very urgent important one.

Hey @Daniel Dionisiif you have knowledge of Colombian football, maybe you could help me. 

I actually don't think the 2nd part of this is as big a deal as I initially thought. 

I think the 2 League Trophies available are the Liga Apertura and the Liga Finalización and there isn't actually a trophy awarded for the overall Liga Dimayor.

I "think" that the Overall League table is just used to calculate who plays in what Continental competition the following season and obviously who gets relegated, (with an average points over 3 seasons).

I "think" this 2nd bug is simply the game extracting the info from the wrong location for a new item. It's taking the goals conceded from the overall league table rather than either for the Liga Apertura or Liga Finalización tables, (so it's actually far less iif a big deal than the original bug where the points earned in 2nd leg of Finals are not allocated if you lose the tie). 

The other thing of course now is that if the overall league table isn't as significant as I initially thought, (because I'm used to European style leagues), then does it really matter if the points are not that accurate if there is no trophy at stake? 

I actually think it probably quite easy to fix, but it's also far less important than I initially thought. 

Do you agree? 

En 15/11/2023 a las 9:39, Jimbokav1971 dijo:

Hey @Daniel Dionisiif you have knowledge of Colombian football, maybe you could help me. 

I actually don't think the 2nd part of this is as big a deal as I initially thought. 

I think the 2 League Trophies available are the Liga Apertura and the Liga Finalización and there isn't actually a trophy awarded for the overall Liga Dimayor.

I "think" that the Overall League table is just used to calculate who plays in what Continental competition the following season and obviously who gets relegated, (with an average points over 3 seasons).

I "think" this 2nd bug is simply the game extracting the info from the wrong location for a new item. It's taking the goals conceded from the overall league table rather than either for the Liga Apertura or Liga Finalización tables, (so it's actually far less iif a big deal than the original bug where the points earned in 2nd leg of Finals are not allocated if you lose the tie). 

The other thing of course now is that if the overall league table isn't as significant as I initially thought, (because I'm used to European style leagues), then does it really matter if the points are not that accurate if there is no trophy at stake? 

I actually think it probably quite easy to fix, but it's also far less important than I initially thought. 

Do you agree? 

Totally agree with you, my friend. That why I'm asking from someone to check this bug. No answers for now... @Kyle Brown please help here.

Hi @Kyle BrownSorry to be a pain but I have noticed another problem linked to this. 

I have just received this message. 

ae67d391564ed8680ae1fe10840990fe.png

The only problem is that it's not our 2nd title. It's our 4th. The game is only counting the Liga Finalización Finals we've won, (2027 & 2032), and isn't counting the 2 Liga Apertura Finals we won, (2030 & 2031). 

46cae8f4f36b010a43369242229015db.png

The game isn't counting the 1st League Phase because that's not the way that "European" leagues work. There are 2 distinct titles to be won each season and both need to be counted equally. It's easy to miss stuff like this because it's so alien to the way our European leagues work and It's taken me 9 seasons to really start to get my head around it. 

I can upload saves for this if needed, but you should be able to track this from any of the saves I've already uploaded. 

If you need another one, feel free to ask though. :thup:

En 15/11/2023 a las 7:53, Jimbokav1971 dijo:

First of all, thank you for reporting the error in such detail. We are already trying to fix it

Then, just one comment for you to keep in mind, in Colombia there is no "betplay league champion". There are only 2 league titles per year (opening and closening). The "betplay league champion" is actually the winner of the supercopa of the following year.

1 hour ago, makul said:

First of all, thank you for reporting the error in such detail. We are already trying to fix it

Then, just one comment for you to keep in mind, in Colombia there is no "betplay league champion". There are only 2 league titles per year (opening and closening). The "betplay league champion" is actually the winner of the supercopa of the following year.

Thanks very much for clarifying this. :thup:

I sort of knew this at the outset, (or at least certainly knew that there were 2 separate titles awarded for the individual league titles), but I think that as I started playing the save I fell back into thinking about the old "European Style" of leagues and forgot that this is completely different in Colombia. It's something that I have only realised fully subsequently and something I have to keep reminding myself of. 

It's made more difficult to do this because there is an "Overall League Table", but of course that's only used to decide on average points for relegation, and to determine the minor places for which clubs play in South American Continental competition. 

I just need to keep telling myself to ignore the Overall League table because it effectively means nothing. (It's hard though). :lol: 

Will keep an eye on this thread 

I am in my sixth season on my Colombia save and I still don’t know how it all works 

I assume there are two league titles up for grabs every year.

All you have to do is finish in the top 8 and you could still win the title as you go into a mini league of 4 teams and then a posssible final

I have also assumed that the final league table is irrelevant 

Only a concern if you are fighting relegation. ……and even then it’s averaged over 3 years 

it’s also annoying as a lot of under 21 players can be away at international tornmaments at crucial times 

4 hours ago, Womaz said:

Will keep an eye on this thread 

I am in my sixth season on my Colombia save and I still don’t know how it all works 

I assume there are two league titles up for grabs every year.

All you have to do is finish in the top 8 and you could still win the title as you go into a mini league of 4 teams and then a posssible final

I have also assumed that the final league table is irrelevant 

Only a concern if you are fighting relegation. ……and even then it’s averaged over 3 years 

it’s also annoying as a lot of under 21 players can be away at international tornmaments at crucial times 

Yeah, the rules are actually relatively simple, it's just hard getting your head round the fact that there isn't just 1 single winner at the end of the season. I've got there now though. :lol:

The biggest problem I'm getting isn't U21 players going on International duty during competitive games. It's senior Internationals going on competitive games during the Semi-Final Group stages and Finals. 

I'm playing a Youth Only save so I can't just go out and buy backups. 

The League table is also used for who qualifies for South American competitions though so depending on the circumstances you do need to keep an eye on it, (as I found out last season). 

The winners of the 2 leagues and the Cup get the top 3 South American spots and then 4th - 8th get the other spots. 

30 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

The winners of the 2 leagues and the Cup get the top 3 South American spots and then 4th - 8th get the other spots. 

Is this 4th to 8th in the overall league at the end?

One year I qualified and had no idea that I had 😀
    I am enjoying the save though

8 hours ago, Womaz said:

Is this 4th to 8th in the overall league at the end?

One year I qualified and had no idea that I had 😀
    I am enjoying the save though

Yes, it's the overall League. It's the only thing I use it for now, (which gas been a hard mental change for me).