• Incorrect league scheduling in Czechia

kry273
    • Files Uploaded: Screenshot Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Save Game: liverpooRAZEN.fm

Description of issue

1. State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.

The scheduling in the league is completely off. A lot of the time, there are matches on Friday and Monday and only one match on Saturday, which is incorrect - there are no matches on Fridays and Mondays and there is always at least one match in both time slots on Saturday. 

On top of that, the attached screenshot shows me having a match on Monday (instead of the two perfectly free days of the weekend) when I played in the Champions League on Wednesday and have a cup game the following Wednesday.

2. State how you think it should be working.

During the regular season, there are games only on Saturday and Sunday 3PM and 6PM (unless there is an extraordinary game that had been cancelled earlier). Most of the time, three games take place at 3PM and one game at 6PM (sometimes, that is the top game, but unless you played in Europe on Thursday, you can be selected for any slot), though there have been matchdays like one of my screenshots when three teams (SKS, ACS and FCVP) played in Europe on Thursday, so there were less games on Sunday 3PM and more at Saturday 3PM.

Games where the away team (and fans) travel a long distance are usually not selected for Sunday 6PM.

Exceptionally interesting games like the Prague derby usually take place at Sunday 6PM.

3. State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

I attach two screenshots of two average matchdays in the league and the league scheduling plan for 2024/25.

Snímek obrazovky 2024-05-06 174406.jpg

Snímek obrazovky 2024-05-06 181128.jpg

Snímek obrazovky 2024-05-06 181745.jpg

ramcova_terminova_listina_i-liga_ii-liga_pohar_sr-24-25-schv-lg_28-11-23-rotated.pdf

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Also including for your convenience a screenshot and a Word file of a machine translation of Section 4 of LFA's (the Czech League Football Association, the organiser of the top two leagues) Schedule of Country-Wide Competitions (Rozpis celostátních soutěží) for the 2023/24 season, which concerns itself with the scheduling of matches of the I. Czech Football League.

You can notice that, according to Section 4.3.3. (my favourite number for a section), matches can, in fact, be moved for participants of the Pohár FAČR (MOL Cup), but they definitely would not be moved closer towards the cup fixture.

You can also notice that, according to Section 4.1.,

...in case of a request from participants of European club competitions, also Friday and Monday...

can be set as match days; however, I don't remember this happening in a few good years, as clubs are already quite strapped for match-going fans and such dates are likely not for the match-going fan's benefit – there certainly has not been a Friday or a Monday match in the First League in the last three years.

Adding on to this - the extraordinary Monday match day would certainly not be to my benefit as a participant of both the UCL and national cup, Friday would be more to my liking; however, as mentioned earlier, Friday and Monday match days are simply not a thing in Czechia.

Have a great week

Snímek obrazovky 2024-05-06 223308.jpg

Excerpt from the Czech FA's Schedule of Country-wide Competitions for the 23-24 season.docx

Hi, thank you for your Monday/Friday unwanted matches post.

Czechia First division schedule in the beggining of the season is reproduced in the game with Saturday or Sunday dates only as expected. We go with Saturday or Sunday as a club day preference too, already taken into account. Due to some reason some Monday or Friday matches are simulated later on. It will be reviewed and any change done will be included in a future update.