• FA Cup 3rd Round in Decemeber

The About Average Jake
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I'm a fair few seasons in at this point but I've noticed all the fixtures sliding to the left slightly each year and now the FA cup 3rd round is now being played in December, a day before New Years Eve.  

Football Manager Screenshot 2023.12.24 - 01.27.00.77.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, we will investigate this further.

Can we ask if you've spotted this in multiple years in a row rather than just the occasional year?

15 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we will investigate this further.

Can we ask if you've spotted this in multiple years in a row rather than just the occasional year?

Yeah, it happens most seasons. The 3rd round is spread over a week and starts around New Years eve/ New years Day and finishes around it's normal scheduled date (first Saturday in January). 

The usual Christmas league fixtures are being moved to accommodate. In my current season (2033/34) I didn't have a boxing day match or a match between Christmas/New Year because of the cup.

The League cup 3rd round does this too. The 3rd round is split with half being played at the end of August immediately after the 2nd round and the other half mid September.

As a result the matches get squeezed together and I've had to play 9 league games in February and April. Whilst no matches are been played in May (other than Playoffs and Premier League).