• Three league matches in five days

rlstrader
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Save Game: Ravi Singh - Derby Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

I have three league matches in the last five days of the season. Then two weeks off until the Champions League final. 

schedule.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, we appreciate you raising but we believe this to be an isolated example, especially due to it being far in the future. This sort of thing, will happen in certain scenarios.

For example, all Premier League final round games have to be at the same time on the same day, which will be set at the start of the season, so it won't just reschedule one fixture after the final league round.

This was probably a rare year where multiple things have conspired for you and it had to force a fixture into that gap due to not being able to put it anywhere else.

If you do spot this again in your save, please do alert us, thank you.

Its not rare, it happens with any successful side. I didnt even go deep into FA and League cups so there were probably weekends matches could have been rearranged to prevent this comgestion.

This was an issue last release too.

5 games in 11 days:

image.thumb.png.4262ec13a4522890b709f68b689711d2.png

Went out of domestic cups early:

image.thumb.png.eca216c475793a68d405ef7a558c775c.png

Free weekends not used (presume not all were international breaks):

image.thumb.png.b3f2ec3dee03c8c7bc7559a3704a2eaf.png

image.thumb.png.721494e937f1f318cdedc4156c4b789c.png

image.thumb.png.5c0d7dff2f786b498aa251ecefb4fefc.png

Will do, thanks for moving it here as came in for this example at start of season:

Im playing in the Super Cup and 3 matches into the season I've only played 1 league game:

image.png.72b356e6274820f89241dbf0546516b2.png

Would have thought I would have at least had a 2nd on the weekend of the 15h Aug where everyone else played too, although to be fair one games regained by me playing on the 19th when others arent.

image.thumb.png.fccea65be0180be18ef0498b4c7a21c9.png

Also maybe worth saying that its a FM23 save carried over just in case that affects scheduling?

Save should be up there now as Dunk.fm. 

This happened in FM 23 in the Portuguese Leage too. Im playing my save that i caried from 23 and its still happening. I didnt try to see if keeps happening in a new save because im wating for many issues to be solved in a future update  so i can start a new save. So I can tell if the cause of it is the save source (FM23). BUT!!! This has been happening since FM 22 and  I have a theory about why we have this issue.

It was because of the World Cup being played in the winter. In FM 22, it was the first time that i noticed that the minimun rest time between matches was not being aplied and you could have 3 games in a week with just 24h between those games. I think that because of the World Cup, the way that AI adjusts the calendar changed, and since that FM version, it was not changed again, so we keep seeing many teams playing Super Cup trophies too late in time, or teams that have to do play offs for european competitions not playing theyre league matches between those playoffs, This causes a calendar gap and we see teams having just 1 game in the league while other teams have 3 games played. Also, the reschedule is way too far in time, and the chosen dates are many times reserved for future competitions if that team succeds in those other competitions, so that first reschedule has to be rescheduled again, until AI just has 2 or 3 dates in the final of the season forcing teams to play 2 matches in less than 42h. I had matches that were suposed to be played in August but were rescheduled for November (already too far in time), then that match was not played in November because i did well in the Portuguese Cup, so the match would be in February, but since i did well in Champions, I played those matches in April, between so many matches from league and champions.

AI needs to pick early dates to reschedule matches and not just pick a date from a hole in the calendar, without checking if there is a possiblity for one of those 2 teams to have a match in that day due to  a possible good performance in some competition that will be played in that date.

A match has to be played in the next week if there arent any matches scheduled for those teams, but i see that what AI prioritizes is the "where is a hole in the calendar to put this match". This leads to an overloaded calendar in the future because what could be played early wasnt, and we enter in a reschedule loop until there are no more options.

Thats the main issue, reschedule of previous reschedule matches. 

Edited by FASP

• SI Staff

Hello @dunk105

We investigated your save file. 

Firstly, a factor to consider is other teams have schedules too.  So when games are rearranged, certain dates might not work for their opponents, even if your team has a gap.

Secondly, in real life, sometimes teams do have to play a few fixtures in a short space of time, occasional fixture congestion of this nature, will occur in save files.

Overall, we are happy with the improvements made to scheduling in the Premier League compared to FM23.

17 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @dunk105

We investigated your save file. 

Firstly, a factor to consider is other teams have schedules too.  So when games are rearranged, certain dates might not work for their opponents, even if your team has a gap.

Secondly, in real life, sometimes teams do have to play a few fixtures in a short space of time, occasional fixture congestion of this nature, will occur in save files.

Overall, we are happy with the improvements made to scheduling in the Premier League compared to FM23.

Cheers for that, did seem that they had gaps but sure you guys have a better idea than me.

Regarding it being an FM23 save on 24- would I see improvements with a new save as wondered if saves somehow carry over the previous games scheduling?