• Able to break squad registration rules(again)

The About Average Jake
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Jake Stanley - Man City - Beta Files Uploaded: Save Game

Posted this before as part of my Man City save,

The game is allowing me to bypass squad registration rules for both domestic and continental competitions. 

I can register my team without adhering to the home grown rules.

I've already uploaded the save file, Jake Stanley - Man city - Beta

Football Manager Screenshot 2023.11.01 - 21.16.07.62.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The punishment for not having 4 homegrown players isn't that you can't register a squad, it's that you can't register the full amount of players. 

It says so right on the screenshot, " If minimum rules cannot be reached, spaces must be left in the squad selection".

In your case, you have 1 homegrown player + 4 empty slots = 5 homegrown players.  

8 hours ago, Nacaw said:

The punishment for not having 4 homegrown players isn't that you can't register a squad, it's that you can't register the full amount of players. 

It says so right on the screenshot, " If minimum rules cannot be reached, spaces must be left in the squad selection".

In your case, you have 1 homegrown player + 4 empty slots = 5 homegrown players.  

That's my mistake. Thanks for pointing that out.

Is this a recent rule change?

I could've sworn in previous years home grown talent had to be included.  

• SI Staff

Hi, this is the intended functionality, whereby you will still be allowed to register a team provided you have enough empty slots to make up for the players you haven't registered.

You wouldn't be able to meet the 25 player registration limit while also having the same amount of Homegrown players as you have currently registered.

4 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, this is the intended functionality, whereby you will still be allowed to register a team provided you have enough empty slots to make up for the players you haven't registered.

You wouldn't be able to meet the 25 player registration limit while also having the same amount of Homegrown players as you have currently registered.

Thanks Zachary.

Another user also pointed this out to me. It's my fault for not reading or understanding the rules fully 😊