• BUG: Away Goals rule still used in Bundesliga on FM23.

SilentSparrow18
    • Public Status: Resolved Save Game: Name Redacted - Bayer Leverkusen copy.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

I decided to attend the Promotion/Relegation playoffs in FM23. Darmstadt were down 3-1, but scored 2 fluke goals due to 2 Timo Horn mistakes. It was tied 3-3, and the commentary said that Darmstadt 98 lead on away goals. There were no more goals and it was tied 3-3 at the end of regulation time. But instead of extra time at the RheinEnergieSTADION, Darmstadt 98 won on away goals. Away goals were removed from the promotion/relegation playoffs in 2021, so why does FM23 (released in 2022) still have this feature?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Could you link me to some official correspondence regarding the removal of the away goals rule? The Comps team will be back online tomorrow to investigate further but if they need to log any issues it'll be quicker if we have that to hand already. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Kyle Brown:

Could you link me to some official correspondence regarding the removal of the away goals rule? The Comps team will be back online tomorrow to investigate further but if they need to log any issues it'll be quicker if we have that to hand already. 

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/faq/what-are-the-rules-and-regulations-of-soccer/how-does-promotion-and-relegation-work-in-the-bundesliga-10645

Zitat

The away goals rule is no longer used, as of the 2021/22 season.

I'm still using FM23 and will use it for a while because I don't have money (lol) but the away goals were removed quite a bit before the release of FM23 and I don't want this issue to affect many FM24 players.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Kyle Brown:

We've got this under investigation now, thank you for confirming. 

Still the same issue in the early access of FM24.

Away goals.PNG

away goals 2 .jpg

Edited by Der_red96

Has it been fixed yet?

I'm perplexed as to why nobody had found this bug before recently. It seems like it lasted from the Early Access release of FM23 all the way to the present day.

That's a little long.

Edited by SilentSparrow18

Am 4.11.2023 um 00:57 schrieb SilentSparrow18:

Has it been fixed yet?

I'm perplexed as to why nobody had found this bug before recently. It seems like it lasted from the Early Access release of FM23 all the way to the present day.

That's a little long.

It was already spotted last year: