• Regionalliga Southwest teams cannot get promoted to 3. Liga

SuperRedditch
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: Korea Germany test 27 may.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

This issue has been also present in previous FMs, I cannot remember when it started, but at some point over the last few years I stopped being able to get my favourite German club (FSV Frankfurt) promoted to a playable league.

State what you think is specifically wrong in your league

When advancing to the beginning of season 2 (20/06/24) in Germany, four teams are promoted to the 3. Liga from the five Regionalliga divisions below. The game selects one team each from the Northeast, North, South and Bayern but never from the Southwest. Even by saving before the point in which the game "locks in" the teams to be promoted (I saved on 27/05/24) , a Southwest team will never, ever get promoted.

State how you think it should be working.

Each regionalliga division should have an equal % chance to get one of the four promotion places, with one division missing out.

State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

IRL, three teams get automatic promotion from the Regionalliga and two others play in a play-off. This is obviously far too convoluted for an unplayable lower league, but it would enhance realism in allowing Southwest teams to get promoted and not condemn teams in that area of Germany to obscurity if they drop out of the 3. Liga.

To recreate, advance on the save to June 20th multiple times.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Appreciate the early spot for this. Looks as if it's not just an issue in Germany but across other nations as well. 

We'll look to implement this, but it's going to be a Feature Request rather than a Bug Fix so I can't make any promises as to a quick solution.