• HKFC - wrong rules being applied

bbrown42
    • Files Uploaded: Screenshot Public Status: Resolved Screenshot:

Description of issue

The Hong Kong league rules only allow for 6 foreign players (5 not including Asian).

However HKFC have different rules around foreign players in the league - 14 foreign players and 8 in the starting 11.

However the general league rules are being applied to HKFC.

Screenshots

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Could you provide us with some official documentation that states why the rules are different for HKFC? It will allow us to move forward with any changes. :)

On 07/11/2023 at 14:33, Kyle Brown said:

Could you provide us with some official documentation that states why the rules are different for HKFC? It will allow us to move forward with any changes. :)

I emailed the Hong Kong FA and in their reply they have no rules in english, only chinese

https://resource.hkfa.com/upload/rules/23-24年度香港超級聯賽 - 賽事章則 (中文版) (To Club).pdf

@Kyle Brown see the email attached as proof of them replying, name removed to protect myself.  I do not speak or read chinese.HKFAreply.thumb.png.b7c6f952d82e38c4b07d0dac89c83f24.png

Edited by dashi112

On 07/11/2023 at 14:33, Kyle Brown said:

further to the point, it seems FM is applying general rules even though it recognises the unique HKFC rules.

image.thumb.png.bee7f76d60931e16ae01ed7be1a83de4.png

Above is a screenshot from my 1st league game, below is a Google Translated section from the rules PDF linked earlier, sections H13 and H14:

"According to Article H. 8, each participating club may include non-local (foreign) players in its player list. Participating teams can select no more than six non-local (foreign) players to be listed on the playing list (i.e. listed as regular players) in each game. selected or reserve players), and may send no more than six non-local (foreign) players to the field at any time during the game (including A non-local (foreign) player who is sent off the field with a red card by the referee).

H.14 The participating club "Hong Kong Football Club" will not be subject to the H.13 regulations, but the club must Include no less than nine local players on the participating list. The participating club "Hong Kong Football Club" must field no less than three local players (including Including local players who are sent off the field with a red card by the referee)."

I hope this clears the situation up @Kyle Brown