• Issue with non-EU player rule

Nørbæk
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Save Game: The Ballad of Mason Greenwood

Description of issue

Serie A has rules on max two new non-EU players per season unless other non-EU players are sold.

However, the rules do not work properly.

I've just sold a non-EU player (Mason Greenwood) and should be able to register a new non-EU player. However, when I try registering Mexican Marco Antonio Rodriguez, the game still says that I need to wait until next season or sell a non-EU player.

I've also sold Ivorian Karim Konaté just a few days ago and shoud therefore be eligible to register two non-EU players.

Please see attached screenshots of the condition to sell a non-EU player before the transfer of Greenwood and how I'm still not able to register Rodriguez.

To reproduce:

1) Grab the uploaded save game called "The Ballad of Mason Greenwood"

2) Go to squad registration and notice that you can't register Marco Antonio Rodriguez (in compliance with the rules, except I have just sold Karim Konaté, but let's imagine that I had not).

3) Confirm the sale of Mason Greenwood.

4) Go to squad registration and notice that you can't register Marco Antonio Rodriguez. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Hello, we've looked into this and it seems you've misinterpreted the rule. 

"Clubs with 3 or more non-EU players (excluding players out on loan) at the end of the season are subject to the following transfer limits:
    -Only the FIRST non-EU player signed from abroad will eligible to play for the club this season"

-An additional non-EU player signed from abroad will be eligible to play for the club this season if one of the following has occurred PRIOR to the signing:
    --A non-EU player is transferred to a foreign club.
    --A non-EU player at the club sees their contract expired/terminated.
    --A non-EU player at the club gains EEA nationality."

You signed 3 non-EU players this season, Elvis Mora, Nicolas Loza & Marco Antonio Rodriguez. As Mora was the FIRST, he is the only one that can be registered (if he is recalled from loan, he can be registered).

As Loza & Rodriguez were signed PRIOR to Mason Greenwood being sold, you can not register either as an additional non-EU player (or any other additional non-EU players signed from this point).

For you to register an additional non-EU player, you must sell a non-EU player prior to the new player joining and without having signed more than 1 non-EU player before this.

We hope this clears things up for you.