• HGC issues

pokeboy_808
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot Public Status: Known Issue Screenshot: Save Game: Tim Duncan - Unemployed - no HGC info.fm; Tim Duncan - Unemployed - loan brk prom.fm

Description of issue

It looks like others are reporting this issue but I'll send mine in for another example. This is critical since if your team is in J1, you will need 4 Homegrown at Club (HGC)s in your game day squad.

I likely don't have all the games saved right where you want them because it all happened over a 1/2 a year. I thought I just was not understanding the rules but things got worse and after reading other threads, it seems like it is a problem in FM. Here are my observations:

1. When you loan your player out, it zeroes your player's training at club. Mine was 186 days out until I loaned him out. His training at club started at his loaned club but his status for training at my club disappeared.

2. When I got him back at the end of the year, his HGC status is just empty. I don't get any numbers. In fact, all of my players don't have statuses of HGC. I attached what I am looking at and this is how all of my players' statuses look like for HGC - empty.

3. Since I don't know where they are on their status, I cannot loan any of my players because it is critical for this league to have good HGCs.

This is a massive bug that needs to be fixed since the league rules are so rigid with having 4 HGCs in your game day squad. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Hello, this is a known issue we're currently investigating. 

We will note what you say about "4 homegrown players in match squad", this has been fixed in our latest update (but will need a new save file to take effect) and is now a squad registration rule, so the effect is not quite as great as if this were a match rule. All new games will correctly have the 4 homegrown players rule as a squad rule, not a match rule.

6 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this is a known issue we're currently investigating. 

We will note what you say about "4 homegrown players in match squad", this has been fixed in our latest update (but will need a new save file to take effect) and is now a squad registration rule, so the effect is not quite as great as if this were a match rule. All new games will correctly have the 4 homegrown players rule as a squad rule, not a match rule.

Oh that is HUGE!!! I was thinking this was a rigid J-League rule. Happy to know this was a bug.

Thanks for your help.