• Canada not qualifying for Gold Cup

DodgeeD
    • Public Status: Resolved Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

Having simulated the game through to the 2030, I have noticed that Canada is not appearing at the Gold Cup. They do appear in the North American Nations League, joining in the quarter-final round and making the semi-finals in each tournament so far and the final on one occasion, which should qualify them for the Gold Cup. However, they have not played in any of the three editions in game (2025, 2027, 2029).

I can upload a save file if needed but this seems to be an error in the game rather than specific to this save.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have checked the save file again in 2033 and there are also a couple of instances where the USA have not qualified either - I have tried to upload the file but it is too large to attach to a comment

Hi,

I already uploaded a save file (BermudaGoldCup) to the SI Cloud thing before I saw this, so I'll just mention it here, as I assume it's related.

Lost with Bermuda in the 2025 Gold Cup Playoff Semi Final, but a few weeks later Bermuda was part of the group draw for the 2025 Gold Cup.

Save file on the day of the group draw, before doing the draw.

Probably obsolete, but since it's uploaded anyway, maybe it still helps.

Cheers.

23 minutes ago, CoachFlu said:

Hi,

I already uploaded a save file (BermudaGoldCup) to the SI Cloud thing before I saw this, so I'll just mention it here, as I assume it's related.

Lost with Bermuda in the 2025 Gold Cup Playoff Semi Final, but a few weeks later Bermuda was part of the group draw for the 2025 Gold Cup.

Save file on the day of the group draw, before doing the draw.

Probably obsolete, but since it's uploaded anyway, maybe it still helps.

Cheers.

I had a similar issue in a save I played towards the end of FM23 - teams eliminated in the Gold Cup play-offs were then appearing in the tournament anyway. Will check my file again to see if it is happening for me in FM24 too

Just an update on this to save opening a new thread - with the full release, this is still happening. Canada are not qualifying at all, and every so often USA and Mexico don't appear either (have simmed up to 2033)

On 07/03/2024 at 19:50, Kyle Brown said:

This has now been resolved via a previous update, thank you for your patience.

I'm presently in the year of 2033, Gold cup 2033 is about to begin in USA, but USA not appearing in the tournament, same with Costa Rica!!...USA, Mexico, Costa Rica and Canada appearing in the gold cup irregularly.