• Friendly match offer remains pending until date of match, which then doesn't happen

Olivier Chatelain
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Info Provided

Description of issue

Hello,

I've been having an issue during preseason in my Olympique Lyonnais FM save. The board decided we'd go on a preseason tour to Brazil. I was in charge of scheduling friendlies so naturally I start making 'Local' friendly requests to 3 brazilian clubs : Flamengo, Corinthians, and Botafogo (our affiliate), all within 4 days of each other. After hitting 'Continue' a few times, I realize none of the three clubs have accepted or turned down my request, and I had even advanced past the date on which the Flamengo game was supposed to take place on. I tried again, advanced a day, and from my schedule screen the 3 games showed as "friendly request" in purple but still without reply from either club. So I tried AGAIN, but selected "Away" instead of "Local". Same thing happened. My preseason tour then ended, my team spent 2 weeks in Brazil without playing a single game. I was able to schedule games without issue after the preseason tour ended. Anyway the season has now started and none of my player is match sharp.

Thanks in advance,

Olivier

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Hello, this is a known issue we're currently investigating.

Basically Brazilian teams should just reject friendlies as Brazilian teams don't play friendlies due to their virtually year round competitive calendar.

Le 21/12/2023 à 18:12, Zachary Whyte a dit :

Basically Brazilian teams should just reject friendlies as Brazilian teams don't play friendlies due to their virtually year round competitive calendar.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah that makes sense thanks. For the record btw, the clubs appeared in the list on the friendly scheduling screen ( higher reputation teams - foreign , similar reputation teams - foreign , and so on ) , which usually suggests they are going to accept if you make an offer.

On 21/12/2023 at 18:12, Zachary Whyte said:

I have a kind of related issue with Brasilian teams: I have sold a player with the option to arrange a friendly. So they are forced to accept, but the proposal is just pending and nothing happens. So not because of e pre season tour, but because of a forced friendly after selling a player. 

If it is not possible to play such friendly, then the brasilian team shouldnt accept my proposal when selling the player. 

Edited by MisterX