• 10x different TV money payout in same league?

nms1987
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Open Save Game: Giant PT Realism Arouca 2027.06.26.fm, Giant PT Realism Arouca 2027.06.30.fm, Giant PT Realism Covilha 2027.06.29.fm

Description of issue

In the middle of my Covilha save in Liga Portugal 2 I decided I wanted to take on the challenge of resurrecting Arouca, who were getting relegated to Liga Portugal 2.

So I decided to make a save point, accept the Arouca job on a different save file, while the also continuing to play the Covilha save.  Kind of two divergent paths from a late June 2027 starting point.

I noticed that the TV money each received is VERY different.  I realize that, depending on the league rules, different clubs can earn different TV payouts.  However, I am pretty sure in Portugal everyone splits the same pot evenly, so payouts should be the same and I have looked on the league Rules page and don't see anything explaning why TV payments would be so different

On June 30 2027 Arouca gets an email stating they will receive 2.95 million from Liga Portugal 2 TV payments for the forthcoming season. 

I would be tempted to chalk this difference up to parachute payments (Arouca demoted from Liga Portugal at end of 2026-2027 season, Covilha finished 10th in Liga Portugal 2 in 2026-2027 after spending previous 3 seasons in Liga 3), except that Arouca also gets a second email stating they will get 500k for a parachute payment.  Arouca also gets a third email on June 30 that states they will receive 350k "for participating in the Liga Portugal 2."  

Covilha gets an email on June 30 stating they will receive 300k for Liga Portugal 2 TV rights over the forthcoming season as well as the same "350k for participating in the Liga Portugal 2" email.  So Arouca gets basically 10 times the TV money of Covilha.

You can take the previously uploaded Giant PT Realism Covilha 2027.06.29.fm and sim ahead to 6.30.  You can take Giant PT Realism Arouca 2027.06.26.fm and sim ahead to 6.30 to see the Arouca, or I have uploaded Giant PT Realism Arouca 2027.06.30.fm if you want to see after the emails have arrived

I am using the Daveincid Realism Mod on this, so please advise if this issue derives from that.  And apologies if this payment different is supposed to be the case for some league reason and I have missed it, but I have looked at the League Rules page and don't see any explanation.

Thanks

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.