• In-game RPL has a rule for at least 30 u-21 players.

Adyan27
    • Files Uploaded: Screenshot Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot:

Description of issue

This is obviously wrong, kinda strange this hasn't been fixed yet. I provided in-game screenshot, screenshot from pre-game editor and snippet of rules. Literal translation of the end: "... no more than 30 players born not earlier than 01 January 2002". Link page 33. Fix should be trivial.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

6 часов назад, Zachary Whyte сказал:

Hello @Adyan27

Can we ask what do you think the rule should actually be?

Also, the link you've provided doesn't open for me. Can you link it again?

The rule should be "at most 30 u-21 players", not "at least 30 u-21 players". The link is to a pdf, maybe it got quietly downloaded? It doesn't really matter, relevant information from there is in my screenshots.

@Zachary Whyte

15 часов назад, Adyan27 сказал:

The rule should be "at most 30 u-21 players", not "at least 30 u-21 players". The link is to a pdf, maybe it got quietly downloaded? It doesn't really matter, relevant information from there is in my screenshots.

@Zachary Whyte The issue was not fixed in latest data update. This is almost game-breaking since it really messes with squad registration and forces you to register less players overall.

@Zachary WhyteExample of arising issue: CSKA does not register a lot of their best players. That is because they are forced to register 30 youngsters. Because of this they are 11th in the league.image.thumb.png.d3e1fc2caa706f373e6f311588533eff.png

@Zachary Whyte Honestly I don't really get why you would need that since the issue is not save specific. I uploaded "Adyan Ochirov - CSKA Moscow.fm" file on your cloud service and if I understand it correctly you can just access it by name. It is just a brand new save with no modifications with start at CSKA. You can see squad requirements in the inbox.

I also upload editor data that fixes the rules. It just changes "more than" to "less than" in editor screenshot I provided.

Fix Russia U-21.fmf

• SI Staff

Hello, to explain the situation as we see it here, while this may not technically be a fully accurate representation of the rule as it is written in the competition lawbook and we have implemented something here which may be a little unusual in FM terms, we do not believe there to be anything actually wrong with the outcome of how the rule is set up to work in game.

As far as we are aware from consultation with our Russia head researcher, the rules are as follows:

- You can register 25 senior players on an "A" list

- You can also register an additional 30 U21 players (on top of the limit of 25 set aside for senior players) on a "B" list

- We do not have the ability to have different lists of this type in game, so in order for this to work we have set a squad maximum of 55, saying 30 of these 55 can be U21 players only

I agree this is worded a bit oddly, but this is the only way we can handle this without making all U21 players eligible (which we can't do as it has been specified there is a maximum of 30 allowed to be registered).  If the user wants to, or cannot register a full 30 U21 players, they should just be able to leave space in the squad.

So we do not think there is any issue for human managers with how we have implemented the rules.

If there is an issue with how the AI is handling registration and are making odd choices (as in not using their available complement of 25 senior players, or not using the 55 player limit to its full when they could be) then that is another matter entirely and we would appreciate a save demonstrating that this is occurring.

Equally if you still think there is an issue with the rule in general then we would appreciate it being explained exactly why you think this is the case with an in game example of what the problem is.

Hopefully this explains!  Thanks.