• [MLS] I am $2.7M under my salary cap. Why am I unable to offer even a $113k p/a contract without seeing "The player's salary is over the salary cap limit." ?

davidchopin
    • Files Uploaded: Screenshot Public Status: Open Screenshot:

Description of issue

Title basically explains it. I cannot offer a senior contract at even $113k p/a (the minimum). I also tried setting the signing on fee to $0 and even then was unable to offer the contract.

I also tried calculating the salary cap impact when amortizing the transfer fee across the length of the contract as well. In this case, the fee was $3,700,000, so the salary cap impact according to this formula would be (3,700,000 + (113,000 *3) + 650,000) / 3, which is $1,563,000, well below the $2.7m difference in the salary cap limit and by current impact.

It definitely seems to have to do with the transfer value's contribution to the salary cap impact as I am able to offer senior contracts to players I get on free transfers.

Not sure if this is a bug, or I am just completely missing something about the MLS registration rules around salaries. Please let me know if I am, in fact, missing something. At the very least, pointing me to the formula for calculating the salary cap impact including the amortized transfer fee would be super useful.

Screenshot 2024-05-24 190724.png

Screenshot 2024-05-24 200201.png

Screenshots

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.