• Traded International Slots disappear after a week

Frip
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Resolved Save Game: Richard Noack - Colorado.fm

Description of issue

HI there,

It seems like there is an overall issue with MLS international spots disappearing, as there are multiple teams down to 3-5 slots (most should have 7-9) after a few weeks into the regular season.

Specifically, I've traded $250k in GAM for an international spot twice now, and yet after a week both have disappeared from my registration page.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

So I'm still getting trade offers for the unusable/disappeared slots:image.png.dd2eefea95290ec5ba557d93c69e532e.png

But in transfers and everywhere else it's showing that I'm maxed out at 7:

image.png.a1809a3b4fa9553caffe0c37c52e8a0f.png

Possibly related: poor Seattle are down to 0 internationals image.png.1cb9e25058ebbfe1c8b71bdbab1850da.png

Edit// found a semi-workaround:

- You're still able to sign an international player while being maxed out

- Once the signing is official you'll be prompted to re-register your squad: I unregistered an International DP (they won't get waived) to fit in the player immediately

- then I went through the league to trade for a new slot – those trades usually go ahead on the same day, so once that's confirmed you can add your DP back in. Up to 8 internationals now!

Edited by Frip

I've seen this as well - I simmed the game to 2029 and there were only 38 international slots left for the entire league by then.  Something is making the slots "disappear" over time.  

Conceptually related to this issue, it seems like the league overall has less international slots then it should.  According to the MLS roster rules and regulations page, there are 233 roster slots divided among the 29 MLS clubs.  When the game starts, there are only 198 international slots - so there are 35 "missing" when the game begins.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/about/roster-rules-and-regulations

International Players

In 2023, a total of 233 international roster slots are divided among the 29 clubs. These roster slots are tradable, in full season increments, such that some clubs may have more than eight and some clubs may have less than eight during any given season. With trades, there is no limit on the number of international roster slots on each club's roster.

Yes! I had this issue. They dissapear after one day for me! I really hope this can be fixed as MLS is the only league I play on FM!

• SI Staff

What game mode is this?

For QA - could this be related to the MLS Trade/Trade Item tables which transfer the slots, but are also set in the International Trade Slots?

I had issues with traded slots not coming over in a save from 23, so there's significant issues with international slots and I don't know what on the back end is causing this.  This basically makes MLS unplayable

I can confirm this one as well, just switched club to the MLS in my long-term-save which I continued from FM23 (so I'm in 2049 now) and have traded draft rights and players for international slots (3 in total in a single day) and none of them have appeared in my 'League Specific' section of the Finances-page under 'Player Slots', so I'm still stuck with just the 1 International Slot my NYCFC-side had when I joined them...

On 25/10/2023 at 12:59, Al Clark said:

What game mode is this?

For QA - could this be related to the MLS Trade/Trade Item tables which transfer the slots, but are also set in the International Trade Slots?

Just regular career

If it helps, I've uploaded a save where Atlanta United has 10 int'l slots at the beginning of the save (at 10am on February 27th in the game).  On the next click, the game advances to 1pm, and Atlanta United has 8 international slots.  It's replicable. There's nothing obvious (i.e., a specific transaction) that triggers the loss of international slots.

The save has been uploaded to the SI Games cloud - it's dcunited-atlanta_intl_slots_change_on_next_click.fm

The other thing is that in long-term sims (i.e. 5-6 seasons into the future), most MLS squads have 0-2 int'l slots.  However, the Canadian teams tend to have about 4-6 left.  I believe that Canadian teams are allocated three additional international slots that American MLS teams do not have.  So it's possible that the coding for these special Canadian international slots is immune to the bug that is causing the issues here.

And to reiterate what others have said, this bug essentially makes MLS unplayable. 

Edited by murmur
    Provided more detail

• Administrators

Hello everyone, this issue has been fixed in our latest. We apologise for not mentioning this in the change list.  

For saves which were already affected by this issue, the update will not restore any lost slots, but it will stop you from losing any more.

We're sorry again for the inconvenience.