• Incorrect Hosts, Dates and Formats for FM24 International Comps

DodgeeD
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Having simulated through to 2030, I have noticed the following issues with international tournament hosts, dates and formats:

• I appreciate these have only just been announced but Euro 2028 and World Cup 2030 in game do not have the confirmed hosts (UK & Ireland for Euro 2028; Spain, Portugal and Morocco with opening matches in Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay for World Cup 2030)
    • The 2024 AFC U23 Cup has the wrong dates set - currently in-game it runs in January 2024 at the same time as the Asian Championship, when it is scheduled for 15 April – 3 May 2024
    • The WAFF Championship is still using the old format (9 teams in 2 groups with the group winners contesting the final); current format (though yet to be played) is 12 nations in 3 groups of 4 with group winners and best runner-up going on to semi-finals
    • The most recent SAFF Championship (June 2023) included guest nations to bring the numbers up to 8 (in-game at present there are only the 7 SAFF member nations)
    • The CAF/AFC play-off is missing from Olympic Qualifying
    • The CAF U20 Cup of Nations is using the wrong format - in-game it is 8 nations in 2 groups of 4, but the most recent edition featured 12 nations in 3 groups of 4 with top two plus 2 best 3rd-placed teams advancing to the knockout rounds
    • Also, qualifying for the U20 Cup of Nations should be based on sub-confederation tournaments but in game is a continent-wide qualification system

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Assuming "Updated database to reflect real world key events" in 24.2 didn't fix this as I've run 10 different simulations on the default DB and still don't see the confirmed hosts for 2028, 2030 and 2032 host once