• FM23 Savegame keeps crashing when clicking continue

rolynnn

Description of issue

Hi,

i played yesterday for around 4hrs without a single crash on a savegame, today i got multiple random crashes, now at a point where i am not able at all to continue anymore.

I uploaded the crash-dumps and the savegame. Let me know if you can reproduce the error or have any hint on fixing.

Thanks!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I’m having the same issue. A game from FM23 was working fine but now fails to ‘Continue’ after 29th of June.

It hangs on the processing to next day screen and I have to manually quit. 

I have tried holidaying past it from both the current save and a save from around a month before (in-game), but neither is working as a solution.

Edited by Lordjozz

• Administrators
    2 hours ago, cmd1989 said:

8th June 2024. Mine's also a save from FM23.

If it makes any difference, it progressing to the date that the transfer window opens when it crashes.

Hi cmd1989,

please create a new thread and upload the save game to owncloud so we can take a look for you.

• Administrators
    2 hours ago, Lordjozz said:

I’m having the same issue. A game from FM23 was working fine but now fails to ‘Continue’ after 29th of June.

It hangs on the processing to next day screen and I have to manually quit. 

I have tried holidaying past it from both the current save and a save from around a month before (in-game), but neither is working as a solution.

same goes to you, please open a new thread so we can track your issue.

I was loading a previous version of the same savegame and i am somewhat able to reproduce this now: if i offer a certain player in my save (Paulinho) via TransferRoom it will definitely crash when clicking on continue afterwards.

I tried with and without setting his status to "Surplus to Requirements". Both times the game definitely crashes afterwards. The savegame i uploaded had the mentioned player offered and i saved afterwards, so for now there is no way back to a working savegame for me.
    Using offering through an Agent and continuing works.
    I also tried offering a number of other players and continue worked afterwards.

I added a screenshot with the specific player.

cheers

2023-10-22 02_22_13-Football Manager 2024.png

Edited by rolynnn

• Administrators
    10 hours ago, rolynnn said:

I was loading a previous version of the same savegame and i am somewhat able to reproduce this now: if i offer a certain player in my save (Paulinho) via TransferRoom it will definitely crash when clicking on continue afterwards.

I tried with and without setting his status to "Surplus to Requirements". Both times the game definitely crashes afterwards. The savegame i uploaded had the mentioned player offered and i saved afterwards, so for now there is no way back to a working savegame for me.
    Using offering through an Agent and continuing works.
    I also tried offering a number of other players and continue worked afterwards.

I added a screenshot with the specific player.

cheers

2023-10-22 02_22_13-Football Manager 2024.png

Appreciate the further info, we're investigating this internally now.