• FM24 Not Launching Issue *Update 22/10/23*

Kyle Brown
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

As this forum shows, we've had a number of users encountering an issue when trying to launch FM24 for the first time. 

Rest assured we have as many hands on this as possible and we're working towards a solution.

At this point we have only seen it on PC, but do flag to us immediately if you're on Mac.

Could anyone who has encountered the issue please try the following:

LATEST *22/10/23*

We've had some users share some success by changing their compatibility settings. Could you please try the following and let us know how you get on:

Locate your Steam.exe app, by default you can find it here: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

If you can't see it, please make sure 'Show Hidden Items' is checked on the top 'Show/Hide' panel. 

Right click the Steam.exe app, select 'Properties' and then 'Compatibility'.

Uncheck any boxes that are ticked, select 'Apply' and then 'Okay'.

Now launch Steam via the .exe file (double click it), and attempt to launch FM24.

Please let us know whether these steps have helped or not and we'll continue investigating internally. 

Update *20/10/23*

Could we firstly ask that you try launching FM directly via the exe file. To do so, copy and paste this path into your file explorer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\fm

Failing that, can we please have what's called an environment variable file.

It might sound a little complicated but I assure you it's simple if you go step by step!

Windows 10: https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/machine-learning/oml4r/1.5.1/oread/creating-and-modifying-environment-variables-on-windows.html#GUID-DD6F9982-60D5-48F6-8270-A27EC53807D0

Windows 11: Settings > About > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > System Variables > New 

Once you've selected new, please name the variable " antitamperdiagnosis " with the variable " 1 ".

After the next start this will create a file called “antitamperdiagnosis.bin” on your desktop, please attach that here.

Update *19/10/23*

The location path of where you're trying to install FM24; ie; C:\Users\[name]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024

Your DxDiag filehttps://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997195057553-How-to-find-my-system-DxDiag-system-information-for-Football-Manager-support-

The 2 log files from Steam by going to c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs

• console_log.txt
    • content_log.txt

Simply enter "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs" in the File Explorer address bar and hit enter. You should be able to locate the two files above.

Please also ensure your Windows OS is fully up-to-date. You can do any outstanding updates by going to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update

We'll find a solution to this as soon as we can but please be patient.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I m trying to open the game from fm.exe by right click and open as administrator but I'm getting theis message: invalid application for Win32!!! It mean the game I downloaded is ruined right? 

Unfortunately I have followed every single step and trying all these different things but it is not helping. Is anyone having the same issues in the photo attached or a solution? The game starts to launch, then is actually showing it’s launched for a split second before this icon appears and then crashes. 

IMG_2516.png

Edited by Fitzy96

7 hours ago, HurriKANE said:

These steps also allowed me to launch the game via steam for the first time. Great find! 

I followed these steps, restarted my laptop and launched through C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\fm   - run as admin..... and its finally working!

Il y a 14 heures, DaveD1979 a dit :

This worked for me, I am now playing FM24, maybe this will help everyone else ??

https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/443B-C1B8-0998-C02A

image.thumb.png.ade9558074b0a816b70c8a77aeb32f01.png

Worked for me too.

Closed Steam.
    Right click on C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steam.exe.
    Unchecked "run compatibility mode windows 8"
    Clicked Apply
    Clicked OK
    Run C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2024/fm.exe as admin. (fm.exe has everything unchecked in compatibility )

No Windows restart needed.

• Administrators

Really glad to see some of you are finding success. We're going to continue investigating on our end but we'll share the steps that have worked so far to other users to try and gather more of an insight.

• Administrators

Latest

Morning everyone, we've had users share some success after having changed their compatibility settings. Could you try the following and please let us know how you get on either way?

If you can't see it, please make sure 'Show Hidden Items' is checked on the top 'Show/Hide' panel. 

Now launch Steam via the .exe file (double click it), and attempt to launch FM24.

If it still doesn't work, please restart your machine and then launch Steam via the .exe app again and try again to open FM24.

If these steps don't work please provide us with your .bat file if you haven't already while we continue investigating:

Download the attached file "sav-system-report.bat".

Double-click the file in File Explorer - it will run through a process to create a system report and create a .zip folder (the process could last a couple of minutes).

Change the name of the .zip folder to your forum username.

Upload the .zip folder to OwnCloud and reply here with the folder's name.

save-system-report.bat

17 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Latest

Morning everyone, we've had users share some success after having changed their compatibility settings. Could you try the following and please let us know how you get on either way?

This has allowed me to launch FM24 via Steam which I was previously unable to do.

19 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Latest

If these steps don't work please provide us with your .bat file if you haven't already while we continue investigating:

Download the attached file "sav-system-report.bat".

Double-click the file in File Explorer - it will run through a process to create a system report and create a .zip folder (the process could last a couple of minutes).

Change the name of the .zip folder to your forum username.

Upload the .zip folder to OwnCloud and reply here with the folder's name.

Hi Kyle, thanks for the effort your going through to help us. I have just followed your steps, I dont have the 'Steam.exe' App  only 'Steam.exe.old' or the Steam app itself which isn't showing a compatibility option... thoughts?

• Administrators
    11 minutes ago, Fitzy96 said:

Hi Kyle, thanks for the effort your going through to help us. I have just followed your steps, I dont have the 'Steam.exe' App  only 'Steam.exe.old' or the Steam app itself which isn't showing a compatibility option... thoughts?

Could you attach me a screenshot please of the Steam (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam) folder?

• Administrators

Ahh, so it's just the Steam app above the one that's highlighted. If you right click properties it should show it as an .exe file in the general tab:

image.png

1 minute ago, Kyle Brown said:

Ahh, so it's just the Steam app above the one that's highlighted. If you right click properties it should show it as an .exe file in the general tab:

image.png

Cheers Kyle, see attched, al lbox's are unchecked and have been at all time..

image.thumb.png.5570e42752b979e47eb3342f4e859a52.png

• Administrators

Ahhh damn it. 

Could you select 'Change Settings For All Users' and check that there's nothing ticked either? 

Even if there isn't, tick/untick one of the options, hit apply, and then okay. 

Double click the .exe app in the folder to run Steam that way and attempt to launch, just so we don't leave any stone unturned. 

4 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Ahhh damn it. 

Could you select 'Change Settings For All Users' and check that there's nothing ticked either? 

Even if there isn't, tick/untick one of the options, hit apply, and then okay. 

Double click the .exe app in the folder to run Steam that way and attempt to launch, just so we don't leave any stone unturned. 

Done, no luck still I'm afraid.

Frustrating because so many of the tips and things that have helped people I have already done...

what's next?

• Administrators

In the meantime, could you download the .Bat folder in the post above to create a system report, and upload it to our OwnCloud please. 

We've still got our teams working on the problem but it's weekend coverage currently so a fuller solution may not be provided immediately I'm afraid.

7 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

In the meantime, could you download the .Bat folder in the post above to create a system report, and upload it to our OwnCloud please. 

We've still got our teams working on the problem but it's weekend coverage currently so a fuller solution may not be provided immediately I'm afraid.

My system wont let me due to 'virus detected' (i'm sure theres not one lol) 

I'll keep looking for now for any updates - I understand how busy you are.

thanks for yout help kyle.

That what Kyle has Said works just make sure when you have done it you restart first then load from there it has worked for me now 

Screenshot_20231022_121302_Samsung Internet.jpg

28 minutes ago, wesb said:

That what Kyle has Said works just make sure when you have done it you restart first then load from there it has worked for me now 

Screenshot_20231022_121302_Samsung Internet.jpg

Me too!!!!! Thanks Kyle and everyone! 

I m trying to open the game from fm.exe by right click and open as administrator but I'm getting theis message: invalid application for Win32!!! It mean the game I downloaded is ruined right?