• Laptop runs hot and fans constanly on

sigurthor8
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Hi, so when i have been trying the fm24 beta. My laptop gets hot, and fans are always running loudly. But on fm23 i have not the same problame, its runs much cooler and fans not always running loudly.

Device name    LenovoLegion 5 pro
    Processor    AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics            3.20 GHz
    Installed RAM    32,0 GB (31,9 GB usable)
    Device ID    0E696661-33E1-4C3E-9894-761F8B51CDFA
    Product ID    00325-82239-03068-AAOEM
    System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

We've not forgotten about this - apologies you haven't had much of a response so far.

Could you try the following, and let us know if it makes any difference:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library

- Right-click on [Football Manager title] -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options

- Type this in the box: --config very_low

- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM through Steam

Thanks Kyle for the response. I have made the changes you recomanded. Its little bit better, but its still a problame. I did change the settings for the 3d match engine to low and medium, then its alot better. But still strange that i can run fm23 on high and this problame is not there.

image.thumb.png.b6553c64348e3a4a4538abeef5c047cc.png

Hi Kyle,  Having the same issues as above, everything was great until yesterday and now my fans are pumping when in the game like crazy. tried the Steam change as requested but no improvement.  From Beta until the other day was great and FM23 ran on my laptop well without this issue.

Ewen

@Kyle Brown 

I'm playing on PC and I've also noticed random cpu spikes during processing. Normally it'll stay at 40-45 degrees put then spike upto 65 ish. It's not a major issue as it's well within operating range but I also have a Ryzen so wondering if its an issue with that particular cpu.

It's probably the game processing normally but I can play games on ultra and the cpu rarely climbs above 60 so thought I'd mention it just in case there's a optimisation issue with the game.

I am having this issue aswel. It is hot when I have FM 24 running and when a match is playing it gets so hot that you can’t touch the bottom. Did we find a solution ?

Edited by martinworthe1

Hi, so this problame was fixed at somepoint, but now its happening again. Maybe after the new update.. Its almost at the point the game is not enoyable.