• Mac Graphical Issues...since latest Sonoma 14.1.1 Update

psucolonel
    • Public Status: Resolved Screenshot: Save Game: Hugh Bloom-Philadelphia Union Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

FaceGen appears to be darkened by the new Mac Sonoma update.  So far, here are the issues I see.  I have not attempted to play a full length game yet, but I am wondering if there may be problems with that also.  I will have to wait and see.  

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 1.44.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 1.40.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 2.33.38 PM.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I already verified…it did replace 15 files.  After verifying it appears normal, but then eventually reverts back to the problem.  

I did this without clearing the cache and preferences however, so I will try that and then report back here.

I thought it worked well at first, but it reverted back to the problem after I fired it back up again.  So while this solution works very temporarily, that is all.  

Edited by psucolonel

• SI Staff

Hello, @psucolonel

Can you verify files and clear your cache again and see how long that lasts.

Have you noticed any pattern with how this appears? 

Can we also ask, if you have any custom skins/files installed?

I have custom kits, logos and player cutouts installed.  

but these are widely used by many people (these particular ones) and I think you would be seeing a lot of other people with this issue if that were the problem.

Edited by psucolonel

OK I did this and it now appears to be working correctly.  I have not yet tried to add any custom files back in (graphics folder) nor have I tried changeing any prefferences yet.

When I do, I will try creating a new "graphics" folder, and will also re-download any custom materials.

Edited by psucolonel

OK I tried just making some changes in preferences, and that seemed to bring the problem back again..  This was without adding any custom graphics at all.  

There could be a few settings in particular that I think could potentially be the culprit.  

1.  It could be happening because I untick the "use caching to decrease loading time" and then select the "reload skin when confirming changes.

2.  It could be related to me changing Match 3D graphics quality from "high" to "very high"

3. Changed the preference to run FM 24 in windowed mode at 125% rather than full screen at 100%

EDIT:  OK, after playing around with the settings a bit...it appears that it is number one on this list that is triggering the issue.  So it doesn't appear to be the custom graphics themselves, but rather anytime I re-load the the skin or don't use caching to decrease loading time.  

Edited by psucolonel

OK..now I added in some custom logos and the issue returned....I did this without tracking and unticking the cache and re-load skin options, so I am completely at a loss.  This is very odd.  Some kind of display issue.  

OK...so the ONLY way I can prevent the issue from happening is to remove all of the custom graphics and then verify the game files and remove the cache & preferences folders.  

If I do this the issue doesn't happen.  The second I introduce graphics (custom) the issue comes back.  It will come back even if I then remove the graphics folder without again verifying files and removing the two folders.  

I believe I have solved the issue.  I did a complete re-install of Mac OS Sonoma and then did everything you suggested.  It is working fine now.  I believe the issue may have been an OS updating error.  

Another note...Apple has just released an update to the Sonoma OSX, so this would likely take care of this issue also.  It's my belief this was a quirky issue caused by an install error (interrupted internet service) during the original OS update.  I think it's probably safe to close this case.

Libertadores and Sulamericana buggy, at the end of the group stage draw, some groups only have 3 teams and so no more games take place, without a new champion, and so the cup repeats the same teams from 2023, how can I solve it that?

Captura de Tela (202).png

• Administrators
    On 29/12/2023 at 17:45, paulovictor0307 said:

Libertadores and Sulamericana buggy, at the end of the group stage draw, some groups only have 3 teams and so no more games take place, without a new champion, and so the cup repeats the same teams from 2023, how can I solve it that?

Captura de Tela (202).png

Please report this issue here - South America Data Issues - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)