• Save game could not be loaded

tmac96
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Arsenal

Description of issue

I get the error message save game could not be loaded when I try to load my game.

I have autosave on 3 rolling files set to weekly but the error appears when I load all 3 autosaves as well as the last save overwrite backup. So every save on the new game is not working. 

I had no issues loading this save previously and I saved the game without any issue the last time I used it. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Afraid it's not loading for us either - had you experienced any crash or game closure at any point if you recall?

We'd suggest a file restoration programme as suggested below, but unfortunately there's really not a lot we can do to salvage corrupted saves I'm afraid.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19429026666769-What-should-I-do-if-my-save-game-no-longer-loads-in-Football-Manager-

No I did not experience any issues with the game whatsoever. It was a complete surprise that it would not load. 

After seeing some other people's experiences with this issue I think it may have been due to adding new leagues before the season cut off point. I added new leagues to be added (view only) for the start of the following season. I have seen some other people have a similar issue and that is the only thing I think it could be on my save.