• UI Freezes until switching active window

mailme.mrastogi
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Need More Info Save Game: Tottenham.fm

Description of issue

This issue occurs anytime while playing the game, either in menu's or during the match. The UI seems to freeze and not respond while I am stuck on the same screen while clicks are processed and match is continued to be simulated. I have to Alt + Tab to switch active window to another application and then do it again to return to FM for the display to update. This happens every 10 mins or so. If I dont switch tabs, the UI seems frozen for 1 minute or so. I have checked, there is no issue with my graphic card or with skin I am using. Sharing my current save for more information.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Could we have your dxdiag file please, and if you encounter it again would you be able to provide a short video?

Has this occurred when using the vanilla skin as well as no custom content? As they would be the most likely cause of this.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997195057553-How-to-find-my-system-DxDiag-system-information-for-Football-Manager-support-

I am having this exact problem, except, erm, all the time. Annoyingly while typing this, literally while recording a video showing what was happening, it started moving again. Dunno why, but if and more likely when it happens again I'll put a video of it. Basically it can be best described as the game freezing while tabbed in, but pressing the windows button would make it start working again but obviously tabbed out.

no custom content is affecting this, tried using base game after removing all graphics but still the issue occurs. and as above commentor mentioned, this issue occurs always while playing, only way to move forward is to alt + tab

• Administrators

Really sorry for the lack of update so far, we've been investigating behind the scenes but have struggled to recreate it with the same specs.

Could you try the below please and letting us know if there's any difference?

- Open Steam and access your Games Library

- Right-click on [Football Manager title] -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options

- Type this in the box: --config very_low

- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM through Steam