• Hereford FC

Alastairhufc
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Posted this as a comment the other day but just spotted the stickied thread about making a new thread reposting it as a thread.

A few things I've noticed with Hereford:

• The balance should be £22407 - 2021/22 accounts show £77407 in the bank and the 2022/23 accounts show a loss of £45000
    • Additional financial income for club membership could be added to represent HUST donations to the club now they're being given as donations rather than share purchases. Looking at HUST accounts and this year's AGM pack they donated/bought shared:
      • 22/23 - £24103 (14000 shares + £10103 donations)
      • 21/22 - £29000
      • 20/21 - £21000
      • 19/20 - £35000
      • 18/19 - £38000
      • 17/18 - £42000
      • 16/17 - £50000
      • 15/16 - £25000
      • Given last season had lower gates (and therefore lower 50:50 ticket sales), I'd suggest a figure of about 30000 per year would be appropriate
    • Squad builder is not included in the finances although I'm not sure if this is something SI include as Darlington don't have it either
      • 2022/23 was >£65000
      • The last update I can find for this year is £38000
      • Therefore a figure around £38000/£40000 seems appropriate if these are added (I'm not sure what type of finance it'd be - maybe club membership again or other income?)
    • The loss of 45000 should be added for this year
    • Unlikely to ever be needed but the regional league at level 9 should probably be the hellenic premier now (Westfields, Pegasus and Lads Club are all in it)
    • Mike Langford and Darren Ball are missing as directors
    • Rival clubs:
      • Most fans still regard Shrewsbury as the biggest derby so it should probably be above Kiddy
      • Gloucester seems a bit too highly rated as fans care about that less than Cheltenham and Newport (which should probably be around 60 and 50 respectively)
      • Worcester is probably a bit too high as we've not played in decades and it should definitely be below Westfields (which should probably also be lower)
      • Chester as a historic rivalry of about 40 and Forest Green with a local rivalry of 50
    • Favourite people:
      • Jarrod Bowen should probably be a permanent player with level 100. He's the greatest player to have ever come out of the club/county and most people I know now regularly check West Ham's results and follow him closely
      • Bundu is probably a bit high, maybe 85 is more appropriate as he's not on the same level as Green/Purdie/Beadle.
    • Disliked people:
      • Possibly a contentious one but is it worth adding Josh Gowling as he is a very marmite figure right now and a lot of fans are enjoying seeing him fail at Darlington
    • The record attendance is 4912 v Pompey last year

Otherwise, things look good. Thanks @Timma for another year of hard work on the db.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've also just spotted a couple of things with Paul Caddis:

• He joined the club on 1/5/23 (contract was signed 20/4/23 but didn't start until 1/5/23).
    • He also has job preference set to 20 for coach and 0 for manager. Surely this should be the other way round?

Apologies for the late reply @Alastairhufc and thank you for the feedback.

The figures for the clubs rivals seem to have been changed from last years's game without my knowledge (I definitely don't agree with some of them), I presume it might be to do with licencing requests from HFC itself. Maybe @Gingerbread Man would be able to confirm that?

With the favourite people figures, Bowen has been decreased from 15 and Bundu increased to 20 from last year's version without my knowledge, again presumably to do with licencing requests from HFC.

I'll have a proper review of the finances especially with the club's AGM upcoming.

I will get the record attendance against Portsmouth last season added in for the next update, change the regional league to the Hellenic Premier Division, and sort out those issues with Paul Caddis. Thank you for spotting those and apologies for missing them.

12 hours ago, Timma said:

Apologies for the late reply @Alastairhufc and thank you for the feedback.

The figures for the clubs rivals seem to have been changed from last years's game without my knowledge (I definitely don't agree with some of them), I presume it might be to do with licencing requests from HFC itself. Maybe @Gingerbread Man would be able to confirm that?

With the favourite people figures, Bowen has been decreased from 15 and Bundu increased to 20 from last year's version without my knowledge, again presumably to do with licencing requests from HFC.

I'll have a proper review of the finances especially with the club's AGM upcoming.

I will get the record attendance against Portsmouth last season added in for the next update, change the regional league to the Hellenic Premier Division, and sort out those issues with Paul Caddis. Thank you for spotting those and apologies for missing them.

Thanks @Timma you are correct, the rivals (and favoured personnel) were provided by the National League as part of the licensing process.

Edited by Gingerbread Man

@Timma

I have noticed that Lassana Mendes has a height of 1.52 metres (under 5 foot). He looks tiny in the match engine.

From images I can find online, he seems more average height (5 foot 10 or 11, maybe?), but definitely not 1.52m.

That is a great spot @Matty_efc.

Can't find any definitive official sources for his height but as you say he's clearly much taller than that so I'll get it changed for the next update. I presume it was a typo from a researcher at one of his previous clubs that hasn't been picked up on until now so thank you for that.

Cheers - its not something I usually go looking for, but it stood out like a sore thumb when he got the ball in a match I was playing. I can't say I ever check the height when I'm updating new players so I'm not surprised it got missed!