• Bohemian FC issues

Swanzey
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Bohemian FC FM23 Early January Save Files Uploaded: Save Game

1. Bohemians have trained at the the DCU Sport Complex since 2021 and no longer use the training facilities at IT Blanchardstown. The facilities at DCU are considered to be of high quality, particularly when compared to many other League of Ireland training centres, so I would suggest increasing the training facilities rating to 'Good Training Facilities' and the youth facilities to 'Good Youth Facilities'. The announcement of Bohemians moving to DCU is in the video below and a listing of the sports facilities at DCU are at this link https://www.dcu.ie/dcusport/facilities-dcu-sport.

2. The Under 19's play their games at the Oscar Traynor Centre and not IT Blanchardstown. This is verified by the 'FAI Connect' app, the official app of the Football Association of Ireland. Below is a screenshot showing this.  image.png.e0ad855cdc8628f8733600bebd67e422.png

3. Dalymount Park is due to be redeveloped into a c. 8,034 stadium with c. 6,240 seated and c. 1,794 standing stadium by 2027. The stage of planning/development this project has reached is now a matter of when it will be finished rather than if it will start so I believe it should be included in the game. Demolition has been carried out on parts of the stadium and the city council (stadium owners) are just waiting for the government to release a final phase/sum of money. This article outlines that the project is nearing completion of the planning/funding phase and will likely begin in the new year https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/dalymount-park-redevelopment-moves-step-31122889 . This first link https://consultation.dublincity.ie/sport-wellbeing/part-8-for-redevelopment-of-dalymount-park/supporting_documents/102025IDORPA0055XXXX.pdf is the design and access statement, with stadium specifications found on p. 19 and p. 22. This link https://consultation.dublincity.ie/sport-wellbeing/part-8-for-redevelopment-of-dalymount-park/ is the city council's statement, as well as a full list of the different files and plans associated with the redevelopment.

4. Bohemians don't have a link with Cabinteely. Cabinteely recently merged/acquired Bray Wanderers with the 'Cabinteely' club functioning as youth teams for Bray so the affiliation should be moved to them. I noticed this was present in FM22 as well but there was never a basis for including this link. Bohemians do have links with Saint Kevin's Boys, Belvedere FC (not in the game), Castleknock Celtic FC, Phoenix AFC, and Swords Celtic. https://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=18752 | https://bohemianfc.com/?p=18795

5. Bohemian FC should have a sell-on clause for Evan Ferguson at Brighton. The existence of a sell-on clause is well known amongst Bohemians and League of Ireland fans, with it being in the region of 10-15%. This would in reality provided game changing finances for the club and would likely make them the richest club in the country. https://www.balls.ie/football/evan-ferguson-sell-on-fee-bohs-567182 Matt Doherty's move to Tottenham from Wolves earned Bohemians c. €1,500,000 with a c. 10% sell-on clause. https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/why-matt-dohertys-atletico-madrid-deal-is-of-no-value-to-bohemians-and-belvedere/42323803.html . Here is an interview of the Bohemian FC Director of Football Pat Fenlon confirming the existence of the clause at 1:10:40 to 1:12:35 - 'LOI Central - Episode 183: LOI Central S07E17 with Pat Fenlon and Dean Lyness'

6. This is a general League of Ireland issue. I can't currently access the FM24 Editor and the last version of the game I've played is FM22 so I can only assume its still an issue. The average attendances for all clubs in the country is far lower than in reality. The League of Ireland has seen a massive boom in attendances since the 2019 season, particularly after the COVID-19 Pandemic. I've attached a spreadsheet compiled by the former President of Bohemian FC, with all of his data being drawn from official figures on the FAI Connect app. Each team has one home league game left and one away so the figures are very close to what the final figures for the 2023 season will be. Here is also a link to an article from the official League of Ireland website that shows the average attendance of both the Premier and First Division at the midpoint of the season. https://leagueofireland.ie/news/attendances-increase-23-in-sse-airtricity-mens-premier-division/id-4925

7. I believe Dylan Connolly should have his Acceleration increased to 17 Agility increased to 14 and his pace to at least 16 or 17. He is without a doubt the fastest player in the league with his bursts of speed being his standout quality. In this clip you can get a glimpse of his speed, he is the no. 10 on the right wing with the yellow boots. Notice particularly his tackle on the keeper and the space he made up in such a short time 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for the feedback. Lots of good stuff.

1. This was already raised by another person on here. It has been amended.

2. This was also raised by the same person, I will do an update amending all academy stadiums ASAP.

3. There were issues with the current Dalymount Park in the game, where it was being shown as a 10,000 seater stadium etc, these have been amended, but the future stadium was not yet added as the delivery of the new stadium was not 100% confirmed (date wise). I'll take a look at these and ensure it's included.

4. Club links, bar the usual higher profile ones you'd expect like Shels-Hull etc is not something I have looked at in great detail and you're right this is obviously outdated. I'll update that ASAP.

5. I approached the Brighton Researcher about the sell-on for Ferguson and he was looking for more concrete information that there was a sell-on (which is fair enough). Not being smart, I'd also be looking for something a bit more solid than balls.ie... I have replied to him just now including the interview you posted with Pat Fenlon, hopefully that will ensure it's included, as it removes any doubt, but this is out of my hands, as he's in the UK database.

6. I don't really agree with you to be honest. For example, I just loaded a game. Bohemians, who have an average attendance of 4,400 on that sheet, had attendances of 4,348 and 4,400 for two random games I selected. I've gone through all LOI clubs and updated their average attendances to be in line with the league this year. If I'm being totally honest, it seems I was a bit too generous with one or two clubs (like Sligo), but that's probably also linked to their very poor end of season form and having nothing to play for.

7. I will take a look at Connolly but I believe I bumped his stats a bit (definitely agility). One thing you have to take into consideration is these attributes are working off a world level, 17 acceleration is elite level. This also causes a huge jump in the players CA / PA (current ability / potential ability), because speed / acceleration is one of the most impactful attributes in the game.

Attendance figures seem much improved this year from the small bits I've played so far. Maybe the figures for the FAI Cup final might be a little low still. The upcoming final has already sold 35k tickets and is on course to break the record. https://www.thesun.ie/sport/11584841/tickets-fai-cup-bohemians-st-patricks-athletic/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=irishSunSportTwitter&utm_source=Twitter

Just on the positions of players James Akintunde has tended to be brought on to play in centre attacking midfield in recent times. Maybe add some familiarity in that position.

From what I've heard Kris Twardek played a lot at right back/ right wing back in the spell he had away from Bohs. The fact he hasn't played there this season for us when it has been a problem position for us says a lot but maybe he should have a low rating there.

On 02/11/2023 at 21:08, Coconut_creams said:

Attendance figures seem much improved this year from the small bits I've played so far. Maybe the figures for the FAI Cup final might be a little low still. The upcoming final has already sold 35k tickets and is on course to break the record. https://www.thesun.ie/sport/11584841/tickets-fai-cup-bohemians-st-patricks-athletic/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=irishSunSportTwitter&utm_source=Twitter

Just on the positions of players James Akintunde has tended to be brought on to play in centre attacking midfield in recent times. Maybe add some familiarity in that position.

From what I've heard Kris Twardek played a lot at right back/ right wing back in the spell he had away from Bohs. The fact he hasn't played there this season for us when it has been a problem position for us says a lot but maybe he should have a low rating there.

Akitunde has been very poor this season outside of the first few games. Wouldn't blame them if they lowered his familiarity on LW :lol:

Kris has been hard done by this season imo. He was poor early this year but when he had a stint later on I think he played well. Would definitely start him ahead of Grant at this point in time. Was surprised we never used him at RB when hes tall and relatively fast.

On 02/11/2023 at 14:10, Vinnehh said:

Thanks for the feedback. Lots of good stuff.

1. This was already raised by another person on here. It has been amended.

2. This was also raised by the same person, I will do an update amending all academy stadiums ASAP.

3. There were issues with the current Dalymount Park in the game, where it was being shown as a 10,000 seater stadium etc, these have been amended, but the future stadium was not yet added as the delivery of the new stadium was not 100% confirmed (date wise). I'll take a look at these and ensure it's included.

4. Club links, bar the usual higher profile ones you'd expect like Shels-Hull etc is not something I have looked at in great detail and you're right this is obviously outdated. I'll update that ASAP.

5. I approached the Brighton Researcher about the sell-on for Ferguson and he was looking for more concrete information that there was a sell-on (which is fair enough). Not being smart, I'd also be looking for something a bit more solid than balls.ie... I have replied to him just now including the interview you posted with Pat Fenlon, hopefully that will ensure it's included, as it removes any doubt, but this is out of my hands, as he's in the UK database.

6. I don't really agree with you to be honest. For example, I just loaded a game. Bohemians, who have an average attendance of 4,400 on that sheet, had attendances of 4,348 and 4,400 for two random games I selected. I've gone through all LOI clubs and updated their average attendances to be in line with the league this year. If I'm being totally honest, it seems I was a bit too generous with one or two clubs (like Sligo), but that's probably also linked to their very poor end of season form and having nothing to play for.

7. I will take a look at Connolly but I believe I bumped his stats a bit (definitely agility). One thing you have to take into consideration is these attributes are working off a world level, 17 acceleration is elite level. This also causes a huge jump in the players CA / PA (current ability / potential ability), because speed / acceleration is one of the most impactful attributes in the game.

1 & 2. Good to hear

3. Yeah I can see why it wasn't included for that reason. That being said I've noticed Finn Harps tend to build the 'Donegal Community Stadium' in FM22 and that projects going all the way back to the Celtic Tiger. It was good for gameplay purposes imo. Dalymounts pretty much set in stone now so it'll be good to have it implemented into the game.

4. Completely understandable, doubt minor club links would make a difference gameplay wise. RIP Cabo.

5. Saw one of your previous comments on another post about it being out of your jurisdiction so I posted in the Premier League research/bug forum and I was told it'll be added.

6. I could only go by FM22 but I thought I might as well mention it just encase it hadn't changed. Good to hear the attendances were already looked at and improved

7. Yeah I can understand that with balancing in mind.

Thanks for looking into it so quickly

Hi @Vinnehh

Just loaded up the game and saw a lot of LOI changes (ones above, Derry City ones mentioned in another thread, etc) haven't been implemented into the 24.1 release. Do you have a rough idea on when these changes will be implemented in an update? Thanks in advance.

On 06/11/2023 at 18:14, Swanzey said:

Hi @Vinnehh

Just loaded up the game and saw a lot of LOI changes (ones above, Derry City ones mentioned in another thread, etc) haven't been implemented into the 24.1 release. Do you have a rough idea on when these changes will be implemented in an update? Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Yes, any changes that have been flagged here are past the deadline for the beta/game launch. These will follow in future updates.

I'm not giving you a short answer, I'm giving you a genuine and honest answer, I'm not sure when that date will be.