• Problems managing fatigue

Kinito
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

In this post, I'm going to try and show you as much as I can about the bug I discovered in the game's management of player rest. This bug can cause a lot of problems with squad management. 

To demonstrate the bug, I started a game with PSG and removed all the basic injuries using the editor. 

On Day 1 of the game, all the players had no fatigue problems. So I'm going to create fatigue problems on several players using the editor. For example, I'm going to edit Ousmane Dembelé, Carlos Soler, Kylian Mbappe and Randal Kolo Muani. 
    Having removed the injuries with the editor, the players all start with -500 fatigue (this is a score between -500 and 1000, -500 being the best condition. )

The first screen shows how the players look in the best possible conditions. 
    image.thumb.png.e7277d283c768ac06130e9edfd6f6520.png

The aim of the test will be to show that there is a bug in the descent of this fatigue score when it starts to rise. Bearing in mind that to interpret this note in-game, we need to use a sports science researcher if we don't have the editor. 

From now on, I'm going to edit the 4 players mentioned above and give them an extremely high fatigue rating to try and bring them down as quickly as possible afterwards. So I'll set their fatigue to the maximum possible (1000). 
    Attached are the screenshots showing the fatigue of the players. 
    image.thumb.png.2c2b3d5e0e171abcee60064f776432fe.png

image.thumb.png.d4501379e7ee84cc0c97fe2bcdfcad03.png

There are several options for lowering this score. The first is to send these players on holiday. The second is to rest them manually for several days. There's just one problem. If I rest these players manually by right-clicking -> training -> rest -> and then rest them for a week, the players' fatigue scores will still be affected by the team's general training. To demonstrate this, here's what I'm going to do:

- I'm going to run an initial simulation by sending these 4 players on manual rest for 2 weeks in a row, leaving a normal week of training for the other players. I'll attach a screen of the fatigue score at the end of these 2 weeks of rest.
    - I'll then reload the game and give the players 2 weeks off, leaving the rest of the team to train.
    - Finally, I'll reload and run 2 weeks of manual rest, which I'll combine with 2 weeks of rest in the training blocks. 

Let's run the first test: 

image.thumb.png.90aae547ce2fe7931cba609b8436a44b.png

image.thumb.png.47661a74f02f130497b83d3fee0b0541.png

After two weeks' rest, we can see that the players still need to rest. The second screen also shows the exact value of the players' fatigue score (similar for all 4 players). 

image.thumb.png.2922a4807d0502a1a16be7097e5e8c36.png

image.thumb.png.20bd7bd9a081846cd5c79987b000e672.png

After 2 weeks of manual rest, the score for the 4 players fell to 649, starting at 1000. 
    Let's take a look at test 2 and see what the score would look like if you took a 2-week holiday instead of resting. Remember that I'm leaving the training sessions for the rest of the team. 
    To send them on holiday, I proceed as follows: 
    Right-click on the player concerned -> training -> Training intensity -> send on holiday -> 2 weeks. 
    Here are the players' screenshots after 2 weeks : 

image.thumb.png.2304d10e8aa70085b5dce2d7d46d7621.png

So we can see that holidays seem a little more effective than rest. The players finish their two-week holiday with a fatigue level of around 560. The 4 players have a similar value again.

In this third test, I'm going to repeat the first procedure. In other words, put all 4 at rest in this way right-clicking -> training -> rest -> and then rest them for a week
    The difference with the first test will be the training sessions I leave for the other players while these 4 players are rested. So here are the screens for the two weeks of training during the rest period.
    image.thumb.png.ee930a45d19ea6b1042de128a08d9e0c.png

After two weeks of manual rest for these 4 players combined with training rest for everyone else, here is the players' fatigue level. 
    image.thumb.png.36e453f560d76c75bea4374791fecc25.png

The score for the first test (manual rest for 2 weeks + normal training for the rest of the team) ends at 650.
    In the second test (two-week holiday + normal training for the rest of the team) at 560
    Finally, in the third test, (two-week rest + training rest for the rest of the team) at 260.
    We can therefore conclude that manual rest doesn't work as it should, because no matter what may be going on in the team's general training, when I put a player on manual rest on his own, he's not supposed to suffer the fatigue of the training in place because he's not training. The same applies if I send him on holiday. I tested by conscience by sending the 4 players on holiday + training rest for the rest of the team, the score for the 4 players ended up at 161 after 2 weeks whereas in test 2 by doing the same but leaving training for the rest of the team, it ended up at 560. A colossal difference when they're not supposed to be at the club at all as they're on holiday. 

This leads to several problems, a major one being that if I use one player more than the others, he's bound to be more prone to fatigue over time. If I want to manage his fatigue alone, for example, and rest him, I'm going to have to take the rest of the team out of training for it to be truly effective on the tired player. 

When I put a player on rest or on holiday, it's not normal for him to be negatively affected in terms of fatigue by general training because he's not there himself. 
    I hope I've been clear in my explanations, the bug is difficult to explain!

I've attached the backups on the cloud under the following names

Test 1: "Start Test 1" and "End Test 1
    Test 2: "Start Test 2" and "End Test 2
    Test 3: "Start Test 3" and "End Test 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I think the game works with independent General and Individual training sessions, an then sums up the results. Sometimes I get injuries with players that are supposed to be resting on at least one of the training types. If this is the case, the General resting sessions' fatigue calculations are not taken into account (as it should) as the team is training normally and that's why the recovery is worse.
    This could be a much bigger problem than fatigue alone.

Btw, in FM23 Sharpness sections were not resulting in any effect in the Editor, if you are willing could you test if it's working now (I don't have the editor for FM24)?

I haven't done any detailed testing but this seems pretty consistent with what I've observed.  In particular, sending a few first-team players on holiday for a week mid-season doesn't seem to reduce their fatigue enough for the physio to not recommend sending them on holiday again as soon as they return.

On 06/12/2023 at 19:19, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for the very detailed information.

We are looking into this currently.

Any update on this? It really detracts from the enjoyment when you cannot influence something as fundamental as this. It impacts so many areas. Along with the massive scouting bug, it seems like things are taking longer to fix than in many previous generations, and although I'm still enjoying my save, it really shouldn't be in spite of major bugs this far into the game cycle.