• Ticket price dropped from $22 to $2 after promotion - too high to start with - South Africa

nach0king
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot Public Status: Need More Info Save Game: Optium Crime - Maritzburg Utd.fm

Description of issue

I won promotion as Maritzburg United (second division in South Africa) in my first season. I received the following message as I was building my squad for life in the PSL:

image.png.e669b6361abbeac6e10fa417c1c26b45.png

It is listed as an increase but it is of course an incredible decrease. 

Now, it is true that $22 for a ticket to a NFD game was very high. But it doesn't make sense for the decline to be so big.

My recommendation would be to make ticket income in the NFD much lower because in reality $2 for a regular league game is not unreasonable in South Africa, whereas you would pay $22 only for a major Soweto derby or league decider.

(On that note, player salaries in RSA are too high as well, but that is a research issue that I will leave for the researcher.)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Unfortunately not. Sorry.

It turns out that I sold all the season tickets, by the way, at a cost of nothing. This is unrealistic for two reasons: there are no free season tickets in SA, and even if there were Maritzburg would be lucky to get 2,000 in the stadium for any game not against Chiefs or Pirates.

• Administrators

We'll take a look into it from scratch saves and see if we can get anything reproducing - thank you for the additional info. We'll leave this thread open incase anyone encounters something similar. :)

I have got the same issue on my current save with Maritzburg United after getting promotion to the South African top division.image.png.54ec05a212f4b62ba3cb97156aaa81bb.png

It makes little to no sense that out board would decide this given our current financial situation and having 8000 free season ticket holders piles on the financial misery.image.thumb.png.257892645607447e9d434672ce54a5fa.png

I have uploaded the save file of the day the inbox item was generated on SI Cloud (It was the furthest my auto saves went). The name of the file is "mxllysii - RTW.fmf".

• Administrators

Hi @mxllysii

We made a change in a previous update that reduced the chances of this happening.

We will look into your save file to see why this occurred.

Thank you for flagging.