• Transfer Expenditure not lining up with finances

wazzaflow10
    • Public Status: Open Save Game: Chelsea Finances Bug April 24.fm; Chelsea Finances Bug Aug 23.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Started a save in FM24 using Your World and took over Chelsea on deadline day. There were a number of deals completed prior to my arrival - I think a few of them arranged prior to the game start date, chiefly Nicholas Jackson and Christopher Nkunku are pre-planned deals. Poch also bought Ugarte as a big ticket item. The final total according to the Transfer history tab sums up £185M after I made a £25M purchase. Additionally the club brought in approximately £150M in transfer revenue for a net spend of -£35M. 

Now I know Chelsea have some FFP issues probably coming due the spending over the years but something seems off with the finances in the transfer expenditure. I've highlighted the forum I was asking about it below along with some screenshots.

It seems like to me there should be an additional £77M (I think i missed Chillwell's payment due to timing) per year for a few years that gets tacked on. But as you'll see in in transfer expenditure in the finance tab it totals over £215M for the current year.

At a glance it seems normal given that £185M was spent in the summer and there's an additional £77M coming due to payments. However, the timing of when those payments seem wrong. I certainly did not spend £70M in fees in October of 2023. Nor have I spent £40M in March/April/May (not sure why it says £40M in April in the chart but last month on the table while it is currently April). The other strange thing to me is if the bulk of the £185M is actually due and the club is paying that out over the course of the year, there should be £150M of revenue being accrued during the same 12 month period. So far to date players sold totals £40M. Which again, I'm not entirely sure why there's £21M in October here.

The math doesn't seem to line up here.

I've uploaded two saves. The point in time where I've spotted the error and the transfer deadline date before I've taken over as Chelsea.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.