• Transfer model bug/email bug/Transfer revenue percentage bug

tommy0810
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Open Save Game: Tommy Alcroft - Afghanistan.fm

Description of issue

I am in year 3 of a save with Lommel SK in Belgium who run a "Negative transfer budget business model' IMAGE ATTACHED
    image.png.5b512d3f4d2fca100177a3ded4993cc8.png
    I was initially frustrated this season when my transfer budget given by the board was £-1.7m. I tried to increase my revenue retention % which was successful and hence sold my star player for £26m. This only cut 700k off of the debt and also changed my retention % from 15 down to 0. I was now stuck in the negative for the season. With half a squad unable to compete for the rest of the season. This is hilariously unrealistic as no board would ever set a manager up for failure like this. Even unattached contract players were unobtainable due to agent/signing fees. Regardless I took this as my own sort of challenge to sell further hoping that the game would catch up and realize how stupid they were being, especially given negative budget could literally be achieved by starting on £0 and reducing the retention %

No bother I tried selling another player for roughly £8m including add ons. On the last page when I was asked to confirm the transfer it said that "The board have agreed that £7.25M will be added to the transfer budget on completion of the deal." I thought BINGO but after accepting and passing on a few days my budget remained where it was. Only my overall balance had increased. IMAGE ATTACHED 

image.png.c09f4e4788491e5b697262740c49d4c1.pngimage.png.f74ced38d826967474599a9561b810e3.png
    I still couldn't field a senior squad

I spoke to someone on a discord forumn who said that had a similar problem and we both had a similarity that both of us keep getting the email 
    "The club has a positive transfer budget, so  the board have relinquished control of player sales."  (I HAVE ATTACHED THE EMAIL  I KEEP RECEIVING AS AN IMAGE, ALBEIT THE NUMBERS BELOW DO CHANGE)
    Every single time we agree an outgoing deal for a player, big/small/perm/loan. It always shows that. I think this is probably closely related to the issue but I'm not certain
    image.png.1e998d6b4ad5fae605355a10bc3869b4.png
    Idrk what the issue is but I think it's clear that there's some sort of bug going on, I initially thought the emails were harmless and just a cosmetic email bug but now I actually think my FM24 inbox is harming my enjoyment of the title. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I face the same issue with my RWD Molenbeek save. I was able to get into Jupiler Pro League, then with a new board the negative transfer budget policy was introduced. I also got the 0 percent from outgoing transfers. I sold some high value players I was positive could be replaced by free agents - however, even with small fees of 5-10k the incoming transfer could not be completed.

After one of the outgoing high value transfers, I got the same mail stating that the board would add over a million to my budget, however it never came through and seemed to be a bug.

This is a save killer. If I sell players which the game makes me think can be replaced or would have an effect on my transfer budget, but then I am stranded without them, I have no basis for decisions on the transfer market.

There is no reason for a board to say "hey please earn x million on the transfer market before making new signings" and at the same time say "you can never get a positive transfer balance".

On 02/06/2024 at 13:59, Felizius said:

I face the same issue with my RWD Molenbeek save. I was able to get into Jupiler Pro League, then with a new board the negative transfer budget policy was introduced. I also got the 0 percent from outgoing transfers. I sold some high value players I was positive could be replaced by free agents - however, even with small fees of 5-10k the incoming transfer could not be completed.

After one of the outgoing high value transfers, I got the same mail stating that the board would add over a million to my budget, however it never came through and seemed to be a bug.

This is a save killer. If I sell players which the game makes me think can be replaced or would have an effect on my transfer budget, but then I am stranded without them, I have no basis for decisions on the transfer market.

There is no reason for a board to say "hey please earn x million on the transfer market before making new signings" and at the same time say "you can never get a positive transfer balance".

Sounds really frustrating, drives me crazy how much of FM24 was left incomplete.

Part of this issue, it sounds to me, also stems from FM's inane insistence that transfer budget and salary budget are different.  As in, it sounds like you have salary budget to sign some guys on frees, but you still need a 50k or something to give them a signing on fee and agent fee because counts as transfer money, and transfer money = 0.  Even though there is that money in the wage budget

On 6/2/2024 at 3:59 PM, Felizius said:

There is no reason for a board to say "hey please earn x million on the transfer market before making new signings" and at the same time say "you can never get a positive transfer balance". Unfortunately, email errors are quite common. While this is frustrating, I found an interesting article about effective communication strategies that can help report such errors. Check out this guide on cold email techniques https://snov.io/glossary/cold-email/ which will be of interest to you. It offers great information on how to structure your messages to get a faster response from developers. Hope they solve this problem soon!

Interesting.

Edited by Kev23

Same problem with Ajax in my journeyman save - took the job on with the club having a -£35m transfer deficit and I thought okay, that's a fun challenge, I'll just have to blood some youngsters. Worked well - had three absolute break out stars and a couple of others showed real promise, everyone benefitted from the first team football, and I managed to sell enough dross and unwanted players to get the deficit down to a mere £250k.

Winter transfer window comes along, and the board tell me my transfer budget is now -£45m and I need to sell players. Like, wtf? Even more insane, they've upped my wage budget, meaning I now have £800kpw extra available for salaries (this is the Eredivisie, so that's an entire first team squad!), but I can't use that to offset against the transfer budget deficit, meaning I can't sign anyone at all, not even loans or free transfers.

I am fine with the initial challenge of trying to clear a transfer debt (it was actually really fun and forced me to really push youth development) but this has broken it. Worse, the board are frustrated that I haven't done enough to clear our transfer deficit, despite me coming within touching distance in just the first window. Oh, and I'm also getting the "The board have relinquished control of player sales" message every single day.

image.png.2b82e1796d7f9c7a9eaaf46eeb5ea3d0.pngImageImageImage