• Faces and other graphics vanish after move to new computer

packfan68
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Save Game: David Chittim - Liverpool (v03).fm, David Chittim - Adelaide United.fm

Description of issue

I recently moved from my old desktop (windows 11) to a high end MSI gaming laptop running Windows 11 with up to date GEFORCE drivers.

The saves and graphics folders were previously on the onedrive. 

I moved to the new machine and installed FM24 from the Microsoft store like before. It initially was pulling the data from the onedrive location but I decided to move it local to the machine. When I did this most of the faces and other supplemental graphics vanished. 

Reading the forums it appeared I may have an issue with the preference and caches directories so I followed the developer instructions posted and copied them to my desktop and started over. This did not work. I still do not see any of these graphics. I did note that the save games moved back to the cloud after this although I did not do that I just loaded them from 

All saves (even a new one I created for testing) and all skins (including the FM original) have the same issue. The faces of the players, staff and even my manager are blank. The id does match to a face in the graphics folder but it seems obvious to me that the mapping isn't pointing it to that location. 

I have cleared the cache and unchecked the "Use Caching" checkbox.

I am unsure what I need to change to get the game to look at the C:\Users\(username)\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024 folder.

I posted in the forums but no one has offered anything to resolve the issue.

Thank you for your assistance.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Hello @packfan68

Are you talking about a custom face pack add on?

I would try verifying your game files.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19454389352593-How-to-verify-the-integrity-of-Football-Manager-s-files

And then clearing Cache & Preferences folder.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19454208745745-How-to-remove-my-caches-and-or-preferences-folders-in-Football-Manager

Then delete/redownload your custom face pack.

ccorrect it is a custom face pack and other custom graphics packs. Right now it doesn't seem to be looking in that folder for those graphics.

I can try that again this afternoon but I have tried it 2 times so far.

I think I know what the issue is. When it is installed from the microsoft store it makes the "onedrive" the default location for all data like saves, etc.. So it creates the Sports Interactive directory there. How do I change where the game is looking to another location? The onedrive simply isn't big enough to start putting all the custom stuff there unless you want to pay microsoft. 

It didn't help. It still defaults the support location to the onedrive no matter where I install it. There is obviously a config/path file somewhere that would need to be adjusted so you can move the Sports interactive directory.