• Goalkeeping is impossible, shooting is WAY too OP/accurate

FROSTIES97
    • Files Uploaded: Save Game Public Status: Need More Info Save Game: Goalkeeping bug evidence file.fm

Description of issue

The game is pretty much unplayable for me. First season my goalkeeper, one of the best in the league, described by coach reports as 'leading player' in the league, had I think the second or third lowest save per centage in the league (Austrian Premier league, playing as RB Salzburg). It was about 60%, whereas other goalkeepers in the league pretty much all ended up at the standard 70-75% mark. So, I bought Matheus from Braga who is better than Schlager in almost every way according to his player attribute analysis octagon, and yet he's actually started the season worse, at 54.8% save percentage (fair warning - the calculations for the save % in the stats screen seems to always be wrong, I've been doing the math manually to keep track of this).

I've had 6 games in a row (5 in the save file provided because the game crashed in the middle of the next fixture) where the opposition has scored with their first shot on target. In the cup game against a non-league team where the game crashed (screenshot of the match provided below), they scored with their first two shots on target. The amount of games that finish 2-2, 3-2 with only 5/6/7 shots on target is unreasonably high. I've noticed when players shoot across goal from close/close-ish range, it seems to ALWAYS be with pin-point accuracy to the far post. Essentially, 99% of one-on-one situations result in this exact same type of goal being scored. It feels impossible to keep a clean sheet even against semi-professional teams. You'll see in the first competitive game of the current season, a cup game against another semi-professional team, 4 shots on target for them and 2 goals. For us, 7 goals from fifteen on target, so pretty much half of every shot on target is a goal. This simply happens far too often so I can only think it's a bug.

goalkeeping bug.png

goalkeeping bug 3.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am sure that will be checked from the SI staff. 

Just some thougts from another random player:
    I don't have it at all, my keeper saves decent, and he is not even a very good keeper and my team is in the lower half of the table. But there might be the difference: RB Salzburg in youre save dominates the league and the games. Means youre opponents have not many shots at your target --> that can lead fast to bad stats for your keeper (Manuel Neuer had in many seasons not the best stats from Bundesliga keepers --> because he didn't get that much to doo, but from the few shots Bayerns opponents took, a high amount was in). 
    And the second point is, for a single shot the goal percentage of 0.23 is actually pretty decent.  Its not unusual to score a 0.23 goal.

Maybe my favourite example for that would be germany in the world cup 2022. They had with over 10 expected goals the most expected goals of all teams, but they didn't even reach the quarters. They dominated every single game, always had the higher xg than their opponents (Costa Rica, Spain, Japan), but they lost. And the keeper is as above Manuel Neuer, its not like they had a beginner here.

So if youre team is part of the best teams and if youre tactic leads to dominate the game, it will pretty often happen that youre xg value is higher and that youre goalkeeper has not the best stats. That wouldn`t be unrealistic, that happens to many good teams.