• The good old throw in one-two cross = goal is back

Hoffbeck
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

It's is the same as in fm 21/22 that every time the AI has a throw in high up the picth your team just go crazy.

either the AI just make a qiuck one two and pass it the back post = goal, or there are so much kaos afterwards that they can easily score a goal.

The defensive structure from the defending team is so out of wrack and there is nothing you can do about it because it is all pre-set in the game.

Please fix this, this is just an old anoying bug in a new bottle (fm24)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This throw-in issue is truly ruining the game for me this year.  Every single throw, the taker is unmarked (in this case a 2v1, often a 3v2).  In either case, they pass it immediately back to him and he crosses it first touch to that guy at the back post.  Goal.  And there is nothing I can do to change the marking.  This happens at least 6 times a game.  Every result comes down to whether they finish it or not.  My poor right back is having to go to therapy since he's been dunked on 17 times in 24 games this season.  Please, please please fix this.  This is the first version where I feel like a flaw has ruined the experience.

image.thumb.png.3e32fb956135f947956c5e8874f05322.png

7 saat önce, jaberger12 said:

This throw-in issue is truly ruining the game for me this year.  Every single throw, the taker is unmarked (in this case a 2v1, often a 3v2).  In either case, they pass it immediately back to him and he crosses it first touch to that guy at the back post.  Goal.  And there is nothing I can do to change the marking.  This happens at least 6 times a game.  Every result comes down to whether they finish it or not.  My poor right back is having to go to therapy since he's been dunked on 17 times in 24 games this season.  Please, please please fix this.  This is the first version where I feel like a flaw has ruined the experience.

image.thumb.png.3e32fb956135f947956c5e8874f05322.png

Suffering because of this... I think si games doesn't have anybody who got courage to say "this is ********". New set piece creator is totally a nightmare. And this throw-in nonsense is a game killer. Really. I understand how you feel. And unfortunately, i know the scenario. Send the ball nearest guy, take it back, cross, goal/corner. You can't beat this ridiculous 2v3 scenario. 

But when you said "this is wrong", they said "it's not new" or "we're taking care of it". If it's not new, why don't you fix it? And if you taking care of it, WHEN? 

On 03/11/2023 at 18:20, Zachary Whyte said:

This is a known issue we have under review, thanks for raising.

still under review? still in the game 3 months later....

Same here. Incredibly annoying. Short throw-in, he gets the ball back, cross to the long post, header goal. Every single throw-in in my half is going like that. Sometimes they don't score because of misses or my goalkeeper manages to save but it's EVERY TIME high chance to concede a goal. I bought right backs with high jumping and header skills and have a solid goalkeeper. I tried every possible setting in "Set Pieces" "defend throw-ins", but they just don't play it out like the preview picture shows.

image.png.7ddc4b4bd063a7b1cffc8f5e1d450d16.png

Instead, they all stay at the edge of the area and leave my right back alone at long post. Though he got high defense rating and high header rating, it is still way too often a goal...

Any ideas how to counter it?

I can't see this "play" over and over without the big urge to press Alt F4. What a dumb way to lose close matches.

Edited by -n-

I have the same issues. 

Will SI at least tell us that they're working on it?

If not, and we need to wait for FM25, fine. But just tell us where this is at.

I have the same issue - drove me insane a few FM's ago and is back with a vengeance in FM24

Makes a mockery of the whole tactical setup, no matter what style of play I choose most of the time I'm trying to defend against throw ins and corners. Every team plays like prime Stoke. Dreadful.

This one issue of not being able to defend the "short throw, one-two,cross to far post"  is a deal-breaker for me, makes the game unplayable and breaks all immersion.  I wish I could get my money back.  I am never buying another version again as its an issue they have not addressed for many years and the influential voices in the community dont think its a big deal so it will never be fixed.

• SI Staff

Hello everyone, sorry for not updating this post. 

This was a known issue in the original FM24 Match Engine but this type of goal was significantly reduced in the late November update.

Since that November update I personally can't recall conceding this type of goal.

If some of you could provide PKMs from matches where this has occurred for you along with your save file we can take a closer look to see if anything odd is happening but from an internal data perspective the numbers are looking good. 

Our internal data in terms of scoring/conceding goals from throw-ins is in line with real life numbers.