• Two Penalty Checkboxes Shouldn't be Enabled by Default?

CTxCB
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

1b6e86c46fb59c0f80821f10eae116ff.png

I've decided to branch this off as its own Bug Report, from an erroneous Bug Report from somebody else, where they thought it was a bug that their player only took the first penalty.

This might not explicitly be a bug in itself, but the result of this is experienced as a bug by the average user. The two checkboxes on the Penalties Page of Set Pieces I've highlighted in the image ("Change taker if player has already taken a penalty"; "Change taker if player has already missed a penalty"), should not be selected by default, and should be left up to the player as to whether they select it.

Real-World Clubs normally have a dedicated penalty taker that takes a penalty when they're on the pitch, so it absolutely makes complete sense to me why the user in the linked Bug Report above felt like this was a bug, it would be my feeling if I experienced too. The average user would want their best penalty taker stepping up if they've already taken one, this is why "Change taker if player has already taken a penalty" shouldn't be selected by default.

The reason I feel that "Change taker if player has already missed a penalty" shouldn't be selected by default, is because I feel, if you don't have a reliable, consistent second-choice taker, especially in a lower league, you're more at risk of having a penalty missed or saved. Not a bug in itself, but the effect of it, might be perceived as one, by people expecting their First Choice Taker to have a go again.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments