• U21 player on the bench then brought on but not available in set pieces priority lists

jayedson
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

Bit of an injury crisis at centre-back so had to call up an U21 player for the bench. Another defensive injury in-game means he had to come on.

I then found I couldn't get my set pieces setup as desired because this player wasn't in the priority lists at all so ended up in the lowest priority category, not where I wanted him.

Could this be an issue with U21 players called into the matchday squad not available in the list when in-game?

Just in case it's relevant, he has a future transfer arranged but is still with us at the time of this match given my 'real world' game mode, just mentioning in case the code is somehow considering this.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Hello, can you please upload a save file showing this, ideally from before the match in question.

This is not reproducing for us internally.

Sure, no worries, seems to be an issue in any match and also pre-match so just used an older save file.

• U21_player_not_in_rank_list.fm

Just to summarise the issue:

- injuries at DC and awaiting incoming 'real-world' transfers mean I'm calling up U21s to fill out matchday squad and starting XI (I guess for friendlies adding U21 players to the squad would be quite common anyway to make sure there is cover in every position)

- issue is actually pre-match as well as during the match

- gubbins and woodman, my U21 DCs don't appear in the ranking lists for set pieces

- if you 'preview with starting XI' you end up seeing them as my counter-attackers as this is the lower priority area so the other members of the first XI fill out all the aerial defender and tracker positions first.

- for pre-match there is a clear workaround as you can temporarily move the U21 players up to the senior squad then they get assigned a rank and can be moved around in the set piece creator, but going into a game without doing this, you are kinda stuck and can try to move priorities of categories around to try to sort it out I guess.

Hope this helps.