• Wrong player taking penalty

Weed07

In my penalty taker list I have 1 player listed to take penalties that has 12 for pens. In a game we got a penalty and my designated player took and scored the pen as expected, however in the second half while the score was still 1-0 we got a second penalty but this was taken by a defender with 5 for pen taking and is not listed as a designated pen taker, he missed the pen, the only player listed and who took the first one was still on the pitch so should have taken the second pen too. While this didn't cost us the win, if this is a bug it could cost future wins having the wrong players taking pens.

Screen shot of pen takers list during the game after the second pen was missed:

image.png.f8833acb900afa1ccdeef8488c9a43d2.png

Screen shot of in game stats showing the missed pen and the takers:

image.png.dfef42da7091d715fa874646c419092b.png

I have uploaded the match PKM to the cloud thing saved as Lions v College '75 wrong pen taker

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

845513de8c3527359ecae9fcd55e4802.png

Make sure that this isn't selected in your Tactics >> Penalties Page. I'd argue that that and the third option on that list should be DISABLED by default, because people are going to think something is wrong if their designated and only penalty taker takes a penalty and then it gets given to a random player, or he doesn't step up again if he missed one and there's no other credible option.

Edited by CTxCB

Thanks, so not a bug although this looks to be something new added to the game and shouldn't really be ticked as default as I don't know why you wouldn't want your best taker taking a pen even if they have scored, if they have missed then yeah understandable but not if they have scored. Anyhow thanks for this, I'll untick the box going forward.

4 minutes ago, Weed07 said:

Thanks, so not a bug although this looks to be something new added to the game and shouldn't really be ticked as default as I don't know why you wouldn't want your best taker taking a pen even if they have scored, if they have missed then yeah understandable but not if they have scored. Anyhow thanks for this, I'll untick the box going forward.

Yeah, I agree. My opinion is that neither should be selected by default. Because sometimes you don't have an acceptable 2nd choice and have signed a player specifically for Pens / Set Pieces.

On 23/10/2023 at 20:39, Zachary Whyte said:

We appreciate the feedback, but as CTxCB has pointed out, this is not a bug. 

That functionality isn't a bug, but the fact that "change taker if player has already taken a penalty" and "change taker if player has already missed a penalty" is being selected by default is a bug. It should be up to the player to enable those, right? Instead of those being selected by default. There's no real reason that you'd want, by default, your best penalty taker to only take the first penalty, you want them being first choice for every penalty, and with the one of them missing, what if there is no other good choice?

Edited by CTxCB