• Consistency in current version

Maximum11
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

Hi

I'll just give my feedback after 180hours of so, since the Beta on FM24. I have played FM since 2000 or so (not every year though!). Sorry if a bit too long - I guess other players have shared similar views.

Since last week or so , my results have become clearly erratic. I'm playing Torino into my third season, my team is a title contender (finished 4th and 2nd in the previous seasons). I can win against AC Milan, and lose 3 days later against Lecce. Next game I lose 0-2 after 20 minutes and I end up winning the game 5-3 (with 4 goals for my young striker Pia Esposito and 2 autogoals from my CB Okoli - a bit absurd); then I would do 2-2, etc... At the moment I find the results very hard to predict and I now watch my games entirely to try adapting to the opponent constantly.

Every game is a 90min fight, but it should not be like that. I know that my team is much stronger than Sassuolo, Palermo etc. I should win against them or at least dominate them with 60% possession and shots etc. But it's not the case in this current version.

Sometimes it just does not add up. I can be playing a team that is dead last in Serie A (Palermo I think), which is on a 7 games losing streak and I struggle to outmatch them, no matter what I do. They would score on a free kick out of nowhere and they would play catenaccio style then until finally I score. The moment I score the other team gets a bunch of attacks and massive goal chances. 

The results are also erratic for the other teams in the league, which is an interesting thing to note and for SI to look at.

Also IA scores against me every single game at the beginning of it. I play balanced or positive style with a 4-2-3-1 and to be honest I'm now lost with all team instructions, I don't know anymore what they do or not do and how they affect my team performance. I can win a game, save the tactics, play exactly like that the same game , because I thought maybe it fits my guys very well, and the visual performance is totally different, my team suddenly plays at 50% of its potential.

Generally there are a bunch of issues I think that can be related to these results being somehow randomized:

- Ratings: some of my players stay around 6.5 - 6.7 for most of the game , just why? Visually I see for instance my mezzala playing great at times, dribbling for that like 30 meters into the pitch, great pass, but the rating does not change. I don't know if that affects the overall performance (assists/goals) but it totally seems like he's stuck at some mid-level during the game instead of gaining in confidence. Okoli with 2 autogoals finished at 6.8 (because I won?).

- Skills vs achievements: my guy Eric Martel with 7 in long range shots scores occasionaly from distance

. He's fantastic at mental skills, but I don't think it should be able to achieve that.  

- Possession rate, clearly broken. After first half , dominated by Napoli I had only 34% of possession - fine. 2nd Half time was mine entirely and I finished at 38%. Does it affect the result of the game? If it does , the game needs a hotfix right now!

- Headers/ Jump : My guys very rarely scores with headers. I have Zirkzee as main Forward, the guy nevers jumps, never wins any duel despite being 1.93m. He's not the most powerful stiker but he should get some of them from time to time, not all CBs are stronger than him. On attacking corners , Malang Sarr, Disasi , despite being physical monsters never gets the advantage, never scores in this update. They would in the Beta/earlier versions.

- The IA is very reliable, they rarely make mistakes since the updates you have done. In the first release I remember scoring easing goals on keepers/defenders mistakes, pressing the defenders was efficient (it is IRL). This seems absolutely impossible now, and counter attacks rarely works, the IA defense is OP most of the games. The skills of some IA players seems higher than ratings say. Most of the games it feels like I'm playing a better team than mine.

- Pacing/Passing: no matter what I do here, I have 89%-90% passing . To the point that I wonder if it matters. Previously I have always favored "rather slow" tempo. Of course, I have good players in passing.

- Shoots: sometimes it seems stats miss a bunch of shots. I have seen Targeted not being counted for instance. 

- IA Keepers makes miracle saves from close range/ Or our players missing incredible chances. Occurs every single game. Same with posts, we hit the posts way too often!

- Preserving a score is very difficult, and IA likes scoring at the very end. This was the case in other FMs so maybe by design... 

- Injuries : not that I have to face a lot of injuries but them not training for 1-3 days because of contusions every week is a bit extreme. Jaden Slory is lightly injured every single game , he's losing a lot of training and improvements.

- Transfers : Something is really off here. I fail to sell my players for more than €50/55m when other small team refuse to sell their gems for below €70/90m. My team is greatly undervalued compared to any Serie A team. Sold a mediocre Serie A player (Vojvoda) for €3m to Club Brugges and he's now worth €16m there, by some magic. I bought some wonders and they are valued 20m (about the price I paid for them) when Elye Wahi in Lens is valued 180m. I had to sell a Angelo Preciado €16m because he argued (and the team with him) that it was it value. It was worth a lot more in my view ! Same with Franco Gonzalez, clearly a rising star in FM24 but no big team wanted to trade him for his in-game value of 50m , I ended up keeping him because not a single team made an offer for him , only loans (even from Serie B team!). 

Can you guys tweak some of these? I have not read all threads but it seems like we players have been reporting similar dysfunctions... The Beta was probably too easy, but right now, it has become too hazardous. Can we go one little step back?

Thanks

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Game just done, vs OM in Champions Leagues : A clean , very easy victory. The goal they scored came again from nowhere

image.png.6dbf3fa6f6dd97e05d1a7b9e9207a58e.png

image.png.a5a5615f93e5a8602e55a56a7558aa7d.png

Next game vs Genoa (15th in the Serie A): Loss 1 - 0 . Here are the stats. They score at their first shot in the game at minute 65. I did not score s.....t .

Absolutely horrible outcome based on any stat you look at. Horrible shots during all the game despite being in solid positions (see graph). 

image.png.6fac23e330e1019ce1fe8fab2b2cabdd.png

image.png.0ad6b9399e8df1c8039c712e34941c9d.png

image.png.8281be0da36020b6be49b840269ac372.png

image.thumb.png.6c475c3310ef7d5679fd50a9b28fc8ec.png

I can't deal with rollercoaster of emotions that is FM24 at the moment. Can I not win 2 games in a row? 

image.png

image.png