• The match engine feels like a set pieces simulator

Hoffbeck
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Info Provided

Description of issue

Pretty much all highslight is set pieces.

Way to many corners.

i know the set pieces creater is a big deal, but the game feel lik one big set pieces.

What do you need to prove this? - Game files?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

i second that. I was about to do a thread on my own, I feel like 90% of all chances are a result of set pieces and since I do not have a set piece coach at any job I have yet accepted, I always end up losing game after game watching set pieces only. even getting beat up in the first minute of many games. what is this? can I please play football manager?

Edited by Altaica

8 hours ago, Altaica said:

i second that. I was about to do a thread on my own, I feel like 90% of all chances are a result of set pieces and since I do not have a set piece coach at any job I have yet accepted, I always end up losing game after game watching set pieces only. even getting beat up in the first minute of many games. what is this? can I please play football manager?

I agree too many goals from corners and those smart moving of players which was presented in videos i cant see just watch my bug report...This is FM 2023 with addons 

• Administrators

Hello, we would need a PKM file from a match where there has been excessive Set Pieces scored to investigate. 

However, are internal data on these numbers looks good to us. 

I have some statistical data to back that up. In five games watched on comprehensive highlights, there were 141 highlights from set pieces (not including most throw ins and all penalties), compared to 43 highlights from open play (including deep free kicks and throw ins not directly leading to a chance). Also, 20 highlights ended in offside.

2nd Norwegian Division, not playing for set pieces (despite assistant begging for it every game).

Set piece highlights range from 31 to 25 a game, open play highlights from 7 to 12, so the variance is pretty low. The "best" ratio was 28-12, the worst 31-8.

It's a shame, because the match engine looks very good in open play, and not very good with set pieces (at least as far as defending goes). Corner defending is awful, defenders take ages to get back to their markers and stay clumped together in the box for an eternity. Free throw defending is also woeful in patches, as several attackers are just left alone in acres of space in the box. As it stands, games are boring/frustrating to watch because everything is way more predictable than it should be, and way more static to boot.

AI scores 5 out of 5 goals from set pieces.

Either directly or from the kaos after the first (but exstremely bad) clearence. And due to the bug where second balls is always won by the attacking team they score right after.

Please fix this.

And at somepoint just acknowlegde all the bug post i have posted. I think it is exstremly disrespectfull that you guys are just ignoring my posts.

I know i post a lot, but i post things that i think needs to be adressed. I am a costumer who is using my free time to help you spot mistakes in a game i have payed you to play.

Yet you have the B...ls to ignore everything because you feel like it is anoying that i keep posting about gabs in the game from my perspective.

5 out of 5 goals from set pieces.pkm

Here you can see a football simulation at work.

No, guys, this is obviously a game.

If it were a simulation, it would not be possible to group players together. Each entity has its own space. If two or more entities try to enter the same space at the same time, there must be a collision, Such collision would make it impossible for a group of players to clumb up in an attempt to make an clearence.

Needlessly to say, that this kind of thing is leading to goals.
    image.png.78073c6b7f9511dd7397aa71efe024cd.png