• Missing interaction: Player wants to leave for weaker club, claiming it's stronger

KrisDK
    • Files Uploaded: Screenshot Public Status: Need More Info Screenshot:

Description of issue

I had an offer from Aston Villa in my Hillerød career for youth player Carsten Kjær. The offer was the usual non-negotiable, lowball junk, which meant that I naturally rejected it.

As the screenshots show, the player is unhappy because he wants to leave for a stronger club. As the screenshots also show, my Hillerød has higher reputation, higher in the UEFA coefficient rankings, and (not shown in screenshots) literally won the Champions League 25 days prior to the offer.

No sane person would claim that Aston Villa is the strongest team under those circumstances. Rather than making vague appeals to how he'd play less (which would implicitly mean accepting the utterly incorrect claim that Villa are stronger), the social group and atmosphere (which are close to being the same thing), promising a squad that's as strong as Villa (which again means accepting the incorrect claim) or dismissing it. Rather than having separate social group and atmosphere appeals, I would like to propose an option to challenge the player's perception, appealing to a metric where the current club is ahead of the buying club. How successful it would be should depend on player/manager relationship, how many metrics where the current club is actually ahead and other factors such as playing time and salary.

ClubRep.png

RepFMRTE.png

StrongerClub.png

UEFACoeff.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments