• No time to fulfil a promise after an End-of-Season Team Meeting

TDBTyler
    • Public Status: Resolved Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

Hi there, for my save I'm playing as Reading FC,

After a very good season in League One, I entered an end-of-season team meeting,

One of the promises that I made to the club was that I was going to give youth players spots in the first team (I can't remember the exact phrasing of the dialogue option but it's the promise "Play youth players": "Play young players under the age of 23 for the first team")

I usually actively avoid taking on any promises when I play Football Manager but seeing as more than half of my team is under 23 anyway, and that my club objectives are to literally develop players using the club's youth system (and that this is the beta) I thought... why not? I fully intend to do this promise, what could go wrong?

Promises1.png.545dd94d55b7980d3144c9bbe38f235a.png

I haven't even entered the next season yet, the promise started on the 4th of May and was over by the 28th of May, the same year... during preseason where I literally couldn't book matches if I had wanted to haha,

5 of my key players are publicly mad at me for not keeping my promise xD Despite there currently being 7 players in my first team under 23 right now (with more on the way).

Ofcourse, if you've been playing the game for a few years it's no secret to try to avoid promises like the plague... however, newcomers are probably going to do something like this and expect it to be a task you'll harmlessly do throughout the next season... when you can't fulfil the promise because of the allocated time is impossible to work with, then I can imagine it would frustrate a lot of people.

Promises2.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments